ForumsSupport ForumCensor/Unspelled warning?

36 5825
flappybob999
flappybob999
797 posts
Peasant

I was just about to post a reply to a thread when I saw I had a misspelled word.
I was thinking "Man, I would have looked life an idiot if I had pressed post. D:"
So, an idea popped into my head. Maybe ArmorGames can add an addition to the site where a warning pops up on your computer screen and says 'Are you sure you want to post? One or more words will be shown misspelled or censored.'
Of course, this option would be able to be turned off/on using your control panel.

Okay AG, start shooting me down.

• 36 Replies
MudPuddle
MudPuddle
270 posts
Templar

It would work, if people cared.

If you really want to make a difference start taking Armor Points away for every misspelling, and maybe 10 points for every profanity.

That would make a dent.

flappybob999
flappybob999
797 posts
Peasant

10 points for every profanity.

Well, some words here on Armor Games are misinterpreted.
I don't like the idea of taking away AP, since most people use I.E and don't have Spell-Check.
MudPuddle
MudPuddle
270 posts
Templar

Everyone has spell check. If they have google taskbar, it's a function, and if not, they can cut and paste their comments into Word, or their e-mail program.

miguelin11
miguelin11
2,905 posts
Nomad

well I get a warning when there's a misspelled error, It appears as a green/red squiggly line under the misspelled word.

flappybob999
flappybob999
797 posts
Peasant

@Miguelin11

I'm talking about a pop-up window.

@MudPuddle

No, my I.E. doesn't have Spell-Check.

miguelin11
miguelin11
2,905 posts
Nomad

hmm... yes, but does anyone(except maybe you =P) care about this?

flappybob999
flappybob999
797 posts
Peasant

Assuming you, MudPuddle, and Me have only posted here, I have no clue.

When I said 'Okay AG, start shooting me down.' I meant lightly shooting. Like, with pistols. Not Machine guns. :P

flappybob999
flappybob999
797 posts
Peasant

Well, that would be where this would come in. This addition would Automatically tell you that you have a Misspelled word as soon as you clicked the 'Post reply' button. This would work for all browsers.

(Oopsies, forgot to add I use Google Chrome.)

MudPuddle
MudPuddle
270 posts
Templar

miguelin11
hmm... yes, but does anyone(except maybe you =P) care about this?

Is there ever a reason not to motivate people to better themselves?

Honestly, can you defend your position against wanting people to know how to spell, and use proper grammar?
Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

If you really want to make a difference start taking Armor Points away for every misspelling, and maybe 10 points for every profanity.

Seriously? No offense...but saying that makes you look like a di.ck.

That's like saying "Why don't we tax people who have an IQ under 100".

Jerk.

Anyways, yes, this is a good idea. No, it is not neccesary.

So, whatevs...i just posted because i wanted to comment on what GRaham said, i really don't care.
Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

just posted because i wanted to comment on what GRaham said, i really don't care.

Eh, i am sorry. I meant Mud Puddle :P

I was eating a Graham cracker, plus, that was Grahams armatar for a while, so it was kind of subconcious. My bad...
Cholokid
Cholokid
1,667 posts
Shepherd

First:

Seriously? No offense...but saying that makes you look like a di.ck.

That's like saying "Why don't we tax people who have an IQ under 100".

Jerk.

Hahahahaha you just made my day.

Now on to the topic.

Bob, if its alright that I call you that, I agree. There should be some sort of warning. Given I use Mozilla Firefox which is extremely helpful, as said before. I don't know what Google Chrome has, but I'm sure it has some sort of spelling check.

However AG has its own set of profanity words, therefore I believe that when we click Post Your Reply it should automatically check for profanity words and tell you if it has found any, then lets you revise.

Anything other than that would be worthless because most people here just spam and careless about what there post looks like.
MudPuddle
MudPuddle
270 posts
Templar

Do you often fly off the handle, and get so upset over things that don't matter, Ricador? If so, I seriously suggest you see psychiatric help, that's a very dangerous personality trait. How long before you go from lashing out over meaningless stuff, to killing small animals?

I'm very sad for you, and even more so for you family. Please seek help, before it is too late. Such inner rage can be dealt with, if you take the proper meds. Poor thing.

Parsat
Parsat
2,180 posts
Blacksmith

This kind of problem makes me wonder why we don't have post preview. Yes, it's on perennial proposals, but shooting in the dark with the current format really bugs me.

Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

MudPuddle, chill.

I have been wanting a preview post button more and more lately, and I think that though this is a cool idea, going the whole nine yards with a preview post button would be more helpful, as I have Firefox for spelling. (I really need it.) What I have more trouble with is avoiding grammatical errors like the plague they are. Grammar mistakes in my thread about grammar. Embarrassing, to say the least.

Showing 1-15 of 36