ForumsGamesSquishing the Roach: Biological game breaker

4 2262
BlazingOwnager
BlazingOwnager
4 posts
Nomad

I really can't figure out how, if it's even possible, to beat the roach's tank on the hardest difficulty setting with a biological. With my buffs I'm packing 181 strength, but everything I've tried has failed. Even my buff/de-buff that slows healing 40%, but no matter what I simply cannot wear down it's tank; all my powerful attack moves that do enough damage have cooldowns and my team gets too battered in the process to keep the pressure on (plus, they opt to use weak attacks and not spam anything useful.)

Does anyone have any way of beating the thing? It's a shame if the game stops here for me, but in every single try even if I can wear it down to half, it will manage to recover in 2 turns and my entire team is too bad to continue.

Note: I tried burning all it's focus but this insanely powerful ability - Roach Durability or somesuch- it has apparently uses very, very little focus and I just can't crack it.

• 4 Replies
Krin
Krin
129 posts
Nomad

The whole concept of that fight is to do as much damage as you can in a short time.

It's also about timing. When his buff is up, just spend time putting debuffs on him, such as Corrosion and Wound, and buffing yourself, maybe with Animalism or Enrage or so.

There is going to be a gap in which Gregor's healing will run out, and then he will re-cast it. If you time your buffs correctly, you will be able to dish out MASSIVE damage in a short time, and Gregor has a tiny HP pool, so you might be able to burst him down.

You can also use stuns to delay him casting his heal, or even throw a subversion to finish him off.

raigeki
raigeki
704 posts
Nomad

well thanks krin.

i also have the same problem(almost put the difficulty to easy when i was feeling stuck here)

though i manage to pinpoint a weakness he is still putting up those healing times of that silly roach!

well i might try... no i will do what you said.

thanks.

tennisman24
tennisman24
4,682 posts
Farmer

yes thanks krin

jalex13
jalex13
293 posts
Nomad

Krin, i really appreciate you taking the time to post that. it really helped me a lot in the game.

Showing 1-4 of 4