ForumsSupport ForumMy Solution To The Site Running Slow!

16 4017
ledmonds
ledmonds
382 posts
Nomad

In my opinion I think the site is running incredible slow and this is because of Sonny 2 so maybe we should get rid of the lower ranking games maybe below 3/10 and this could make the site quicker. If this is not a plausible idea how will you be able to fix it because the site is running way to slow for my liking.

• 16 Replies
Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

Well, we can't just take out those games because they are low ranking. It isn't fair to those developers to just take their game out. The site is running fine for me, so it might be your computer, or whatever you have on it. To be completely honest, no one is going to change this because it doesn't fit YOUR liking.

ledmonds
ledmonds
382 posts
Nomad

Well I have saw a few people mentioning the site being slow, maybe the site moderators could put a vote on the site between 10 games and the users decide what game goes.

Cholokid
Cholokid
1,667 posts
Shepherd

no one is going to change this because it doesn't fit YOUR liking.

Ouch. Burn.

I had this problem too. The site was running incredibly slow. So what I did was switch from Mozilla Firefox to Internet Explorer for a little while. That made the site run faster for me. Then when went back to Firefox things were better.

Lately the site has gotten better than it was.

Just know that when a game is put here, it stays here. Unless it is breaking a rule. If its not it will NOT be removed.
thegamesman
thegamesman
324 posts
Nomad

here my soultion to you my good man try getting a better computer or updating your computer lol =}

ledmonds
ledmonds
382 posts
Nomad

Thanks for clearing that up Cholokid I will take your advice and change servers.

Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

Haha, it's too early in the morning for me to moderate. I'm kinda cranky D:

I have always used IE, so maybe you should switch to it. The only problem was, that Sonny was getting alot of traffic. That has gone down now, so the site should be running normally. And taking away the bottom 10 games wouldn't help because they don't generate any traffic at all, thus not making the site any faster.

InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

Maybe you should check things on your end...

a) Do you have FireFox? Try it out and see if things run faster
b) Did you clear the Internet cache/cookies/history? Files store up on your computer and they can bog it down, try clearing them
c) Upgrading RAM might help, but that's a wee bit extreme in this case
d) Clear unwanted files from your computer or clear the spyware on your system
e) Upgrade your Internet speed

In all my months of coming to ArmorGames I have never once experienced the phenomenon of AG "slowing down". It's always run at the same pace for me...

ledmonds
ledmonds
382 posts
Nomad

I am using it on IE now and the site is running alot quicker but it still takes a while to load up some pages but hay im not complaining if it is getting me there quicker. Thanks for your help guys.

ledmonds
ledmonds
382 posts
Nomad

Yes that would be a downside MrTim and that is why I would want to think of another solution now.

flappybob999
flappybob999
797 posts
Peasant

Okay, as people have said, it's your computer/browser. I would recommend Google Chrome and buying a new laptop/computer.

I use Google Chrome, and it is extremely fast. The site loads in 2.52 seconds, clocked. Although my computer is pretty new.

ledmonds
ledmonds
382 posts
Nomad

To Flappybob I have a new computer only bought 2 months ago and am using google chrome and as others have said their AG has been running slowly to.

flappybob999
flappybob999
797 posts
Peasant

What brand is it? Some brands are... Well, cheap. >_>

ledmonds
ledmonds
382 posts
Nomad

Mine was bought specially made off the internet from the dell website and I have already said it is running fine after I changed servers for a while.

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

Oh hush, it's only a wee bit slow because of Winter Break =)
Some 180+ users on the forums at once, and who knows how much more playing games on the website.

The site has little to no traffic at all in the nocturnal side of the forums, if you catch my drift. Join the raccoons @ 4:00 AM and you'll never have site sickness ever again! ^>^ There's only like 40 users browsing at that time of night.

Zega
Zega
6,921 posts
Peasant

It was only slow a few days ago, when S2 was new. But now it seems fine for me. :S Check your internet...

Showing 1-15 of 16