ForumsSupport ForumNew Gaming Categories!

14 2353
im_tha_man
im_tha_man
394 posts
Nomad

I was thinking maybe you could add some new categories to get rid of the "Misc." section, I don't know why but it bugs me trying to find a game in there so I think you should make a Music category and Maybe an entertainment one that is directed more towards the game interacting with the person like the simple games with only the ^ v < > arrows, just a suggestion, pros/cons please, and yes I know, "ZOMG LAGG!!!!!!!!!!!!" I think we should also make the site have more bandwidth or something so we can fit all these ideas! lol.

• 14 Replies
ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

I know, I know. Everyone wants the site to have more bandwidth, everyone keeps complaining about it.

Misc is important, even though the Music genre is a big majority to it. As far as I can tell, there really can't be any room for another category in the toolbar above you. As much as I agree with you, what would we do with the rest of Misc? Leave it at that, or try and find another majority and add another category?

alsage
alsage
132 posts
Nomad

well i think it is fine the way it is but if you are going to add one that says fun cause me and all my friends play games in the catagory of fun

3v3rnoob
3v3rnoob
230 posts
Nomad

I personaly think that some of the catagories are getting crowded, as far as the amount of games in it, and while it isn't a problem now, it may be in the future.

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

Nonsense! Everything will be fine; it doesn't matter how many games are in a particular genre, it matters if the genre is organized and has page numbers to break each section. I'm fine with the amount, so long as it isn't messy and built up.

tennisman24
tennisman24
4,682 posts
Farmer

yea most of the categories are getting crowded so they need a bunch more

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

what would we do with the rest of Misc?

Exactly. We could technically make a new section, but where would the rest of the random games go? And there isn't really room at the top bar for more categories.
ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

Exactly. We could technically make a new section, but where would the rest of the random games go? And there isn't really room at the top bar for more categories.

Joy, I got praised =)

There really is enough music games to make a whole new section of it, but what we could do is move the game jump over and possibly add in a music section. What's left is what's left: Misc.

Really, Misc is like the Tavern. Anything that doesn't pertain to the other sections gets put there. Since there wasn't a music genre, or the fact that they haven't thought of an actual music section, it was put there as well.
woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

And there isn't really room at the top bar for more categories.

Can't the font used just be smaller?

I personally have always wanted to create a category for defence games. I know there are the tags but i think it would remove lots of games from the extremely broad action category. I belive there would be enough games to justify the creation of a new genre too.
ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

Generally, defense games are the same string as strategy, reason being you need to use your brain to win, and it is usually more challenging than the other genres. That being said, there's an Action section and a Shooting section too, so that just strikes that out. I think, before anyone considers having a split section of a genre, there needs to be a broad spectrum of that given type of game.

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

I would say there are quite a few games that are defence based. Especially when you look at the sport section which has hardly any in it.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

There doesn't need to be a defence section. There's already a link on the front page to the defense tag.

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

Yes i know there are the tags but when you consider how few sports games there are, surely the number of defence based games under the tags 'defense' and 'defence' combined justifies its creation as a separate genre.

InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

Yes i know there are the tags but when you consider how few sports games there are, surely the number of defence based games under the tags 'defense' and 'defence' combined justifies its creation as a separate genre.

They're roughly the same actually (45+/-). Anywho, defense games are tricky to categorize since some are like Arcade games, some are pure Action games. You can argue until the cows come home and create a definition for "defense" games -- but at the end of the day, when you shoot and kill things, it'll go under Action... and when you kill mythical creatures, it'll go under Adventure :P

Besides, I think the search is suffice... it does a damn good job finding defense games, so why bother with a category?
theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

I would say a music one like you have but we only have few music games and possibly not enough to make a whole new category, the one I would like to see go up is a Top 50" game cat.

1 more post!

Showing 1-14 of 14