ForumsSupport ForumA last active feature to an extent?

11 2537
theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

Well I know the last active feature was put down because it had to accumulate every body's doing on this site, minute by minute, well what if it came back but only to an extent in which it only show LAST DAY active?

So what I'm bassically saying is this.

(Old L.A. feature)
User A last active 15 minutes ago.

(My idea)
User B last active 1 day(s) or today.

What do Y'all think?
(sorry I'm Texan)

• 11 Replies
Flippin3500
Flippin3500
2,581 posts
Shepherd

I'm glad to see someone kinda liked my idea, lol. I really don't understand yours, though.

theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

I'm glad to see someone kinda liked my idea, lol. I really don't understand yours, though.

First half:What?

Second half: You have a myspace right? well, using that sort of last active feature is what I'm aiming for.
miguelin11
miguelin11
2,905 posts
Nomad

I like it, so I can tell which of my friends are active and the ones who don't use em anymore

Flippin3500
Flippin3500
2,581 posts
Shepherd

First half:What?

I came up with an idea a couple of days ago about a Recent Activity feature.

I see what you're talking about now.
theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

Ohh that yes.

Well Here is a pic

Dangit!?!?!

It is not big enough to view what I am talking about *sighs* I hate photobucket!

Well it qould be placed under the yahoo, xbox gamertag steam etc.., place.

IceDrakeknight
IceDrakeknight
348 posts
Farmer

Sorry lads but next week its back to school so i might not attend on the meeting but ill read then on weekends but also i need to worry about my education cause my life is in danger

howlett
howlett
2,278 posts
Nomad

I like the idea theone99 I would like to know when my friends have been last active.I wish it could happen but I just have a feeling it won't.

Destor
Destor
706 posts
Nomad

Did the old one not have a problem with the lag, because it did it for all users? I personally think it would still have some lag, because at midnight it would have to update every single offline account. It definitely does have less lag than the old one, but it would probably get very annoying around midnight, AGT (Armor Games time, I think it is Eastern)

theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

Did the old one not have a problem with the lag, because it did it for all users? I personally think it would still have some lag, because at midnight it would have to update every single offline account. It definitely does have less lag than the old one, but it would probably get very annoying around midnight, AGT (Armor Games time, I think it is Eastern)

Possibly but less people are on at midnight and wouldn't be much much lag since the Owls are in low numbers.
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

I don't think it was so much an issue with the specificity, but more the fact that it was having to pull extra information on the page. So I think if the developer came up with a different way for it to pull information without sucking up a bunch of bandwidth or whatever, it wouldn't be a problem. But I think that until that happens, it doesn't matter if it is more general or not. The whole feature needs to be fixed.

theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

I don't think it was so much an issue with the specificity, but more the fact that it was having to pull extra information on the page. So I think if the developer came up with a different way for it to pull information without sucking up a bunch of bandwidth or whatever, it wouldn't be a problem. But I think that until that happens, it doesn't matter if it is more general or not. The whole feature needs to be fixed

Hmmm. maybe just maybe the specificity did play a role since it had to pull info on every 140k+ users (at the time we had the feature) information every single minute.

MAybe the update would occur around midnight as myspace's feature does.

And the whole feature needs to be fixed, maybe we should ask Tom himself?, lol.
Showing 1-11 of 11