ForumsSupport Forum[Suggestion] Time to Load a Game

3 1717
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Going to the Sonny 2 forum reminded me of something I forgot to post yesterday. What if the file size or whatever it is of the flash game was included for that game in addition to it's ratings and amount of plays so people could make an estimate of how long it will take the game to load?

• 3 Replies
Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

Hmmm, an interesting idea. This might have the effect however of discouraging people from playing certain games because they might be larger than others. Also, a lot of games will list the size when it starts to load. Many don't do that though. I think something that all of them have is a loading bar, which would give a pretty good estimate.

InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

Would be nice to know, that's for sure. Newgrounds has it and it doesn't do them any harm -- and I'm pretty sure it won't do any harm here either. it's one of those things where if it's added, that'd be a good addition, but if it isn't implemented, I wouldn't mind.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Never liked loading bars that much. Sometimes they would stop and it's hard to tell if it froze or the traffic is just slow. But it's not like I can actually play much of anything for the next few weeks. I was just wondering since my brothers are playing MMOs and it would be nice to know how long I'll bring their FPS down. lol. They get angry when they die because they were lagged.

Plus, people with older computers could probably figure out which games they can't play.

Showing 1-3 of 3