ForumsSupport ForumYou know how people always ask for birthday presents from AG?

193 34620
theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

How about this, since people can not like about there join date, why not have something special for those members that are a year old?

Ok, so say since I joined on 6/14, on '09 6/14 maybe something special would happen?

It might be to early to put int action since there are only few members that are almost at a year join date.

• 193 Replies
theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

How will you know that a user is a ghost profile or not

0 AP, for example I have a fr2 storage acct. and it has 0AP, it is a ghost profile.

Some profiles have 0 AP also and are considered "Ghost" profiles.

thank you.

Welcome lol.
Cholokid
Cholokid
1,667 posts
Shepherd

0 AP, for example I have a fr2 storage acct. and it has 0AP, it is a ghost profile.

Some profiles have 0 AP also and are considered "Ghost" profiles.

I'm not sure, but I'm pretty positive that creating another account to use as a fr2 storage account is against the rules. I know this is a bit off topic but why not just use Microsoft Word...? That's what I do.

Key word, some Not all users with low AP are ghost accounts, and it would be unfair against those who are not to just assume they are.
theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

Well we have the power of asking

And no it is not as long as you state WHY you have created it.

Cholokid
Cholokid
1,667 posts
Shepherd

Well we have the power of asking

And will you be the one asking every single account if they are a ghost account?
theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

And will you be the one asking every single account if they are a ghost account?

If by all means necessary.
lol.
Or if they are somebody who is actives friend we shall ask them or if we see/ever saw there name at the bottom of the community.
miguelin11
miguelin11
2,905 posts
Nomad

well you can determine ghost profiles by the amount of ap they have and how long they have been there.

Cholokid
Cholokid
1,667 posts
Shepherd

well you can determine ghost profiles by the amount of ap they have and how long they have been there.

Once again, just because they have low AP does not mean they are a ghost account. Would you consider Luka a ghost account because he has been playing for a year, yet only have 256 points? Hes a member of the AG headquarters staff. And this leads to "well just ask" And once again, who is going to wasn't to ask over 100,000 members if they are a ghost account?

Or if they are somebody who is actives friend we shall ask them or if we see/ever saw there name at the bottom of the community.

Not everyone who is online is at the bottom of the forums. Those are only people who have been active in the forums.
ew6969
ew6969
38 posts
Nomad

maybe they can get like 50 ag points or somethning

ledmonds
ledmonds
382 posts
Nomad

Well said Cholokid and also if the person isn't online all the time they won't just be online on that one day so it wouldn't make a difference.

theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

I have seen Luka_m online once in a while.

And he got left a comment 2 days ago so maybe he is still active.

And we have computers you know.

Not everyone who is online is at the bottom of the forums. Those are only people who have been active in the forums.

I don't think so, I click names and they hav 0 AP and are very new here to AG.
miguelin11
miguelin11
2,905 posts
Nomad

......................................back to topic pls.

then maybe we can determine ghost accounts by how long they haven't
uhm... done anything, like they have a 100 ap but that was earned like 4 months ago.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

well miguelin11 keep in mind that there are forum sections that do not give AP at all so if someone is only active in say the forum games section then that system could label them still as a ghost account.The best thing I could think of really is.....well...really I have no clue as to what we could really do as far as birthdays go,although I really don't get why it matters so much that people want stuff from AG for their birthday,and every idea will have its downsides.If someone can come up with a new idea for that then sure,although I'm still not sure about anniversary thing.That would require more detail on how it would be implemented before I can make a decision on it.

theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

Ok back on topic.

This would be a great addition to the site, so it would show AG cares for its long-term members.

Not only gold writing but maybe a banner on his/her profile?

ledmonds
ledmonds
382 posts
Nomad

Or there could be a something for milestones such as 6 months 1 year 18 months 2 years. and so on and it is like gold then the only problem with this is the lag it could cause.

theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

Or there could be a something for milestones such as 6 months 1 year 18 months 2 years. and so on and it is like gold then the only problem with this is the lag it could cause

MAybe the milestones are good ideas since 1 year might be over stretching it to most people.

And the lag, wouldn't really lag since the writing will change for a single day only and it will change back by the end.
Showing 16-30 of 193