ForumsSupport ForumYou know how people always ask for birthday presents from AG?

193 34658
theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

How about this, since people can not like about there join date, why not have something special for those members that are a year old?

Ok, so say since I joined on 6/14, on '09 6/14 maybe something special would happen?

It might be to early to put int action since there are only few members that are almost at a year join date.

• 193 Replies
KingCheetah
KingCheetah
270 posts
Nomad

I'll be a year member within like 2 months I joined like 3/27/08 or something. I also think this should happen =].

miguelin11
miguelin11
2,905 posts
Nomad

yep, all we need to do is to find a mod and his/her to throw all this in the garbage(i'm kidding...k?)

ledmonds
ledmonds
382 posts
Nomad

I think with this many agree votes it would have to be a pretty good reason for the mods to turn this idea down.

theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

what??

Hellbik, were bassically saying there should be something special for people who have been a member of AG for a year.
Excluding AP.
jond
jond
267 posts
Nomad

I guess this a good idea.

After all, You did stay at this site for 1 full year and not get bored like the other thousands of players do. Maybe the gift could be like I don't know a.....25 AP gift card and a email that states a good job you've done contributing to the site.

ledmonds
ledmonds
382 posts
Nomad

Jond if there was an e-mail it would make the jobs of the Mods so much harder as they would be forever sending Happy One Year At AG Anniversary e-mails. I think if it was an e-mail it would have to be someones specific job.

theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

Jond if there was an e-mail it would make the jobs of the Mods so much harder as they would be forever sending Happy One Year At AG Anniversary e-mails. I think if it was an e-mail it would have to be someones specific job.

The E-mails sounds like a good idea but the trigger would be hard to implement.

And as you pointed out specific E-mailing sounds good since only a handful of users are 1 year membership (for now) it would seem easy..Wait until July when most users joined.

And AP has been thrown out for some reason I think since higher ranked people like me,firetail, Zega and many other user it would seem like nothing but if we configured it to gove us a precentage of our AP it wouldnt seem fair to lower AP members.
russianfreak
russianfreak
1,843 posts
Farmer

Ok so the idea about the e-mail I dought it is going to work because not all people like to give the e-mail to ag actually a lot of people don't have emails so ya i dought that is going to work.

theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

It's doubt one.
And we gave our e-mail address to the site to sign-up.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

Great idea, very well like it.

Thanks >.>

Was aiming for the hard work we out into AG but that to lol.

Huh?

It can easily be an automatic system.
Gladitator
Gladitator
75 posts
Nomad

Well I like the idea but can't you change your birthday on your control panel?

russianfreak
russianfreak
1,843 posts
Farmer

And we gave our e-mail address to the site to sign-up
Woops sorry forgot bout that and have any mods seen this link yet?
theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

Well I like the idea but can't you change your birthday on your control panel?

Were talking about 1 year memberships.

And maybe I shoud just give the link to a mod instead of waiting 11 pages and no mods so I'll just try.
miguelin11
miguelin11
2,905 posts
Nomad

hmm... I think a mod already saw this but didn't post nothing. I posted the same post twice(accidentally...xD), But I think a mod deleted the first one at page I think eight?

Llamaboy419
Llamaboy419
33 posts
Nomad

ZOMG!!!!

I think a mod already saw this but didn't post nothing.

I hate when people use double negatives
This gets me into my teacher mode, so prepare for a lecture on grammar.

So lets analyze Miguelin11's post.
Specifically "didn't post nothing"
Miguelin, i applaud you for using your apostrophe,but DIDN'T post NOTHING is saying that since they didnt post anything, they posted something.
GET IT RIGHT!

now to my comment that has something to do with this topic...

I think this would be a wonderful idea, but i do think that a set amount of AP wouldn't mean much to some people as theone99 said.
a percentage would be great, but what if the person is a social hermit that just signed up and completely forgets about ratings and comments, as I did once on another flash gaming site.
I think that, say the person doesnt have any AP.
AG gives them 20 AP on their birthday or membership anniversary or whatever, and then next year, 20 AP goes to 40 AP
then 40 to 60 AP and so on.
would that work?
maybe their birthday gives them that, and then their membership thing gives them 10% of their total AP.
would that work?

and now I think... Why are we having this conversation in the first place? It probably won't happen anyway...
Showing 91-105 of 193