ForumsSupport ForumYou know how people always ask for birthday presents from AG?

193 34654
theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

How about this, since people can not like about there join date, why not have something special for those members that are a year old?

Ok, so say since I joined on 6/14, on '09 6/14 maybe something special would happen?

It might be to early to put int action since there are only few members that are almost at a year join date.

• 193 Replies
Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

What, people ask for birthday presents from AG?

And I thought this only ever happened on the other MMOs I used to play.

Wow.

theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

Lol, no I meant how people ask for 20 AP a special notification it is there birthday, like gold font or something, maybe those things could happen for members of a year old.

People complained that if AG did birthdays people would just lie, and on membership you can't really lie.

killingman
killingman
541 posts
Nomad

I think this is a nice idea it should happen.

howlett
howlett
2,278 posts
Nomad

Well if you mean like your name is in gold at the bottom of the user list, yea.If its something got to do with AP, no.

theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

since you thread name is a question I will say 0

What?

If its something got to do with AP, no.

Gold font and gold at the bottom for one year membership.
Destor
Destor
706 posts
Nomad

What! the special color font is so people can be notice right away how it is a mod, and besides what if you don't want to be recognized like that. Oh, and do you mean just for the day or after they have been here 1 year they get their name in gold and gold font for the rest of their account's life?

KingCheetah
KingCheetah
270 posts
Nomad

I'm pretty sure I've been a membr for almost a year, but I'm not the best becaus eI don't spend a TON of time on here. Plus, I spent a while in the middle of the summer when I wasn't on.

Yes, this is a good idea.

theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

Well maybe then they will get it as soon as it is implemented?

Besides, I believe this has been suggested before, but can't be bothered to show you the link

Everyone has suggested the birthday but I've never seen one for membership.

and besides what if you don't want to be recognized like that.

Tell the mods you don't want the special font or anything.
ledmonds
ledmonds
382 posts
Nomad

I think it is a cool idea but no big rewards like AP or anything just Gold Text.

miguelin11
miguelin11
2,905 posts
Nomad

well what if you've been in AG for a year and you almost never go to AG? I think the gold fonts should be rewarded to the ACTIVE users.
nonetheless I like the idea though it would be better if the gold fonts stay for a month or so, so it'll be more recognized to other users that you've been with ag for a year =p

Matty360
Matty360
764 posts
Nomad

You should get like double points or something.

theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

nonetheless I like the idea though it would be better if the gold fonts stay for a month or so, so it'll be more recognized to other users that you've been with ag for a year =p

Or maybe just a week since Gold is bright and hurts a select fews eyes.

well what if you've been in AG for a year and you almost never go to AG? I think the gold fonts should be rewarded to the ACTIVE users.

That's is a good idea!

A year membership and active, not ghost profiles.
Hmmm, will mods have to put in the font for us, or when we hit midnight it becomes gold?
Destor
Destor
706 posts
Nomad

probably if you want it to be active, the mods would have to put it in for you. Otherwise, it would be auto.

nah, too much spam of them saying "I got gold Font" or "I happy birthday to me" stuff, But this idea is definitely getting better.
Cholokid
Cholokid
1,667 posts
Shepherd

That has been brought up before, it would be very hard to do. The scripting would be killer on the staff, not to mention there could easily be errors. As Zoph stated when people asked for double points, they just wouldn't add up.

Ok, so say since I joined on 6/14, on '09 6/14 maybe something special would happen?

Here is the special thing that will happen, you can put on your about "Dedicated AG member for a year!" There is no point in making something special happen, what happens when everyone has been playing for a year? If something special happens, it wouldn't be special anymore. Plus it would get very cluttered. I just don't see anything fit.

And I thought this only ever happened on the other MMOs I used to play.

Wow.

Uh, BURN.

Lol, no I meant how people ask for 20 AP a special notification it is there birthday, like gold font or something, maybe those things could happen for members of a year old.

People complained that if AG did birthdays people would just lie, and on membership you can't really lie.

Thats exactly what would happen. It would turn into a mirror of the referrals. People would lie about their birthday. Even though you can have more then one birthday, there is always the possibility that they will change their birthday. Big no-no. Just turn into a way to scam for points. Plus with the gold font, once most users get to the one year mark things will get ugly and eye hurting. And also cluttered.

But if its only for a day, I could understand the idea, however new users will get confused and be led to believe that you are a member of the staff. Not to mention there will be TONS of "Why are people talking in gold?" threads for the mods to lock. I frown at that.

Definitely not. The only way I would even consider having the gold font is if its for a day. I don't beleive birthdays are birthweeks.

That's a ton of scripting. Besides having to chose who is active and who is not, plus getting every ones joining date, its just a ton of work.

A year membership and active, not ghost profiles.
Hmmm, will mods have to put in the font for us, or when we hit midnight it becomes gold?

How will you know that a user is a ghost profile or not?
miguelin11
miguelin11
2,905 posts
Nomad

well a week or two maybe fine.

That's is a good idea!

thank you.
Showing 1-15 of 193