ForumsGamesThe Secret to Psychological's "Nightmare"

12 3125
BobFijiwinkle
BobFijiwinkle
3 posts
Nomad

"Damages the target for 520% of your instinct, but causes it to regenerate that health back over 7 turns." Seems useless, however, Shock Therapy dispels this buff, and in total you only use 22 focus.

• 12 Replies
Hydraulic
Hydraulic
223 posts
Nomad

Or you could just use Subversion before they regen too much...

Bejita463
Bejita463
16 posts
Nomad

7 > 2. Your allies would also probably cause subversion to heal more than it reverses anyway. So that wouldn't work.

Hydraulic
Hydraulic
223 posts
Nomad

What? I've never heard of allies having subversion. So...

GuardianAzure
GuardianAzure
6 posts
Nomad

He probably meant they'd attack, which would actually heal the mob in question. Putting them on Phalanx-aggression status might mitigate this, but your team might still attack regardless. Shk Thp seems a simpler solution

Riou1231
Riou1231
4,825 posts
Peasant

Yes just setting them to Phalanx they might still attack if they don't have anything to heal either buff regardless of that they could still attack the enemy

Talo
Talo
945 posts
Nomad

or you could just let them heal a little bit wile you completely annihilate them with your 300% instinct starting ability and heal yourself in the process. That's what I do.

Hydraulic
Hydraulic
223 posts
Nomad

Again, you could simply avoid this by not doing Nightmare.

Talo
Talo
945 posts
Nomad

That's a stupid idea. Nightmare is cool.

Bejita463
Bejita463
16 posts
Nomad

Nightmare is a great spell if you use it right. Avoiding it probably won't greatly affect you, but it won't benefit you to do so.

mistical
mistical
4 posts
Nomad

i use nightmare in 3 ways.
inversion-->nightmare for a emergency heal/hot if someone needs it.
to finish someone off (making the final blow so they dont get the heal)
and nightmare+corruption spam, because well the heal is only 2k ish and the dmg from nightmare is around 8-9k(at my gear lvl with insecurity)
oh ya and you can use it with confinement to reduce the heal if you want to

imo nightmare is one of the best psy spells its huge dmg more than makes up for the heal component

VoltCruelerz
VoltCruelerz
501 posts
Nomad

I have full charged blood and as such, I have found that shk thp deals more damage than maxed out Nightmare. Besides, shk thp never seems to remove buffs for me, nightmare or otherwise...

sonnymasta
sonnymasta
294 posts
Peasant

yes dats a good strategy but using dark echoes or/and psycopath form before dat can totally own d opponent den use shock therapy or even corruption.

Showing 1-12 of 12