ForumsSupport Forum[Suggestion] Level Codes Section/Link

3 1742
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

I couldn't find a similar topic elsewhere although I'm pretty sure it might exist already but not in my recollection.

There are a handful of puzzle games and games of a similar nature that allows people to build their own levels, copy the code and share with friends and anyone who was interested. There are also the level builders that are separate from the game itself. SeppuKuties Level Builder and StarShine 2 Puzzle Master are the only two that come to mind. People usually post their codes in the comments to the game or on a forum thread for that purpose, which gets a little redundant. Couldn't there be a separate section for level codes or a link to the "official" thread for codes from that specific game?

• 3 Replies
Healmeal
Healmeal
1,941 posts
Nomad

Yeah, Same with the Punk o matic. I like the idea but I think people will just post their map or song there and hope others will check it. Sometimes a good creator can be found but it could also lead to spam.

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

Gantic, I'm pretty sure there is one. And the thing with this is, if there was an official code thread for every game, then that would only be around 5-10 games, and only 5-10 threads for that forum. It wouldn't really take away that many threads from the Flash Games Forum, even if there are a few straggler threads that need to be added to the official codes. Admins only make forums for a type if they know that there are going to be a lot of threads pertaining to it. With this, I only see a half of a page coming.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Yeah, Same with the Punk o matic. I like the idea but I think people will just post their map or song there and hope others will check it. Sometimes a good creator can be found but it could also lead to spam.

Like that doesn't already happen?

I realize that it would be a good to do something concerning these games,but I don't know about creating a whole new section when there are not that many of them yet,but on the off hand there are quite a few of them and I think there may be too many for a thread on each.I'm not sure how this cpould be played out,but if there becomes a large up rise in these types of games then they could make a new forum section I suppose.This one could be designated for game codes and such,that would have O AP although I'm sure people would still post there codes in the game comments since many people don't go to the community that comment on games.
Showing 1-3 of 3