ForumsSupport ForumUser-search

13 2366
Destor
Destor
706 posts
Nomad

So yeah, the search bar has a drop-down selector that just says games, I know it used to have forums but that was removed because of its horrible inaccuracy, but what about a user-page search? I can't see any problem with it, and it would make it quite a bit easier to go around the site. And I'm sure it has a number of of other ways to be used to, so how about it?

• 13 Replies
Destor
Destor
706 posts
Nomad

I thought you had to know their number to type in going there, and I forgot about Google, plus I have not seen any threads about this since I have been at the site so whatever.

And this is mainly just a "Not-necessary-but-still-helpful-if-it-gets-implemented" ideas.

So yeah, *gets ready for other reasons it won't work.*

flappybob999
flappybob999
797 posts
Peasant

This has been suggested many, many, many times, including by me.
This will probably not be implented. Just use Google or do MrTims idea of www.armorgames.com/user/<full name>

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

Flappyboy, why?

This has quite obviously been answered

No one else post, k? Just for the sake of Ricador's sanity.

flappybob999
flappybob999
797 posts
Peasant

Flappyboy, why?

Grrr... Flappybob.

I suggested this actually before. And many other users. The Armor Games site would have to keep track of every single user ever made on armorgames. All 188,040 of them.
Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

I think that as soon as we get the search into better shape, that we should definitely add a user search. But it is a matter of getting the search into shape first. So we need to wait for that before thinking about a new search option )

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

Sorry, i don't know why i always think it is flappy boy

flappybob999
flappybob999
797 posts
Peasant

And yes, I agree with this. I'm just pointing out that it would be hard and laggy to put it in.

@Carlie
Get it into shape? By what means?

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

That's a question of time though. It's been sitting here for as long as I've been here, that's for sure. In order for someone so successfully search someones' profile, they need to know the name. Many other ideas branch off from this, but the one that can work the best is when we get a much more efficient search bar.

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

@Carlie

Give it some vitamin water, put it on a vegetable diet and but it a treadmill.
Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

As in it needs to get developed further. Modified so that it will run better. Until the developer can do that, we can't really add more search features.
flappybob999
flappybob999
797 posts
Peasant

Ah.
I can remember when there was a community search option. Will that be coming back?

digi_cai
digi_cai
272 posts
Viceroy

That would be great...
Or a list, where you can sort them by country, name, AP, etc.

flappybob999
flappybob999
797 posts
Peasant

Or a list, where you can sort them by country, name, AP, etc.

AP is on this page. The other ones, I'm not sure about, although I like the country one. There could be a page where it had all countries sorted into groups so people could find other people in their country. That would be helpful.
Showing 1-13 of 13