ForumsSupport ForumForum search button

6 1757
Gladitator
Gladitator
75 posts
Nomad

Well you people might say i'm to new to be suggest anything but I was wondering why can't we have a forum search button? Like, lets say if you type "Soccer" it would show threads related to soccer. I think this would reduce the amount of same threads. What do you people think?

• 6 Replies
flappybob999
flappybob999
797 posts
Peasant

This was on the site for some time, but got taken off because it had totally unrelated properties. If you typed in Soccer, it would give you 'I need to know Adobe CS3!'. This will probably not be impented again.

Cholokid
Cholokid
1,667 posts
Shepherd

There has been suggestions like this before. Many upon many. And as Bob has said, it was here before but was completely... worthless. So the answer is to simply use Google, it is quick and accurate. Just type in "Armor Games" with the type of thread you are searching for after it. It may take you a few seconds to find exactly what you are looking for.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

the search apparently used any words that showed up in the threads and looks at the words you put in and tries to find anything that maytches,so it was very unreliable as it was very broad,but it can be manipulated and its not completely gone as you can access it by manipulating the url in the right way.Hold on I shall show you the correct URL.

http://armorgames.com/search/WordYouWantToSearch/community

I am pretty sure that should be the correct URL.If it doesn't work then just send a message to my profile.Otherwise this thread will need to be locked soon.

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

Well, it was taken away because it had problems...but they did say that it would be back.

As for another one of these threads being created: *cries*.

MudPuddle
MudPuddle
270 posts
Templar

Perhaps if the search was limited to searching the titles of the threads? Or the thread starting post could have a box in which the poster could list relevent connections.

This would require people making the title of the thread relevant, but that shouldn't be too hard.

deth4
deth4
764 posts
Nomad

go up to the game search, and type the name of a game. see all the games that show up? the old search feature was like that, but 1000 times worse.

Showing 1-6 of 6