ForumsSupport ForumSuggestion: Average Rating?

13 2308
Toadlord
Toadlord
497 posts
Shepherd

I know that some of you may find this idea useless. Many of the users on AG are much more active on the forums than they are at playing games on the site, but I think this idea could be nice for those of us who are active in rating games.

What about having an average rating of all the games you have rated on the site on your profile?

Necessary? No. But I thought it would be an interesting idea to throw out there.

• 13 Replies
flappybob999
flappybob999
797 posts
Peasant

What would this do, really?
I know that you point out that it is not necessary. But this... This would just waste precious time from the AG site creators. And make the site more laggy for the people out there that have about 800 games rated. 0-o

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

A little bit hard to find and changing constantly, right?
That will lag the site, right?
This doesn't exactly have a use but your just curious, right?
We shouldn't bother the developer to make this, right?
We have more important suggestions to implement, right?

Right?
Seriously, an idea that doesn't provide anything but personal benefit shouldn't really be put ahead of other, more important stuff.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

Isn't that what all the suggestions are?

True...
But most suggestions benefit so that more people will come to AG so the benefit will also benefit the AG team.
Wait a second...

thats why we have forum post! And fst6 is right personal benifit i thinnk? but this thread makes no sence!

You just made no sense...
Destor
Destor
706 posts
Nomad

it has one benefit, if someone's average rating is a 10 or a .5, they are one of the people who auto-rate tens or .5s. Of course, they will just then change to rating it randomly, but oh well.

Toadlord
Toadlord
497 posts
Shepherd

@ flappybob: I wouldn't call it a waste of time. And if it it, then isn't having at all or even being able to rate games a waste of times too?

@ firetail: I agree that it shouldn't be put ahead of...say...a forum search bar. But I do think it would be nice to add eventually.

Toadlord
Toadlord
497 posts
Shepherd

Typo.

And if it is*

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

Well, this function wouldn't be bad if it was only available to be used by mods for spam purposes. But even if, they can't delete someone's game ratings.

seven_11
seven_11
304 posts
Nomad

its kinda useless
theres really no point to it

Toadlord
Toadlord
497 posts
Shepherd

=/

I'm so glad everyone thinks this is a good idea lol....=/

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

I think the answer has been clearly stated already, no? Lol.
Maybe in a few years when we get more developers we can get this implemented.

Destor
Destor
706 posts
Nomad

Well, this function wouldn't be bad if it was only available to be used by mods for spam purposes. But even if, they can't delete someone's game ratings.

They might not be able to delete game ratings, but there is a thing called the Banhammer, and also the Warning Message. I agree with the rest of that post though. But, the mods would really have to decide if they thought it was useful or not. Otherwise no need to bother with it, just for a couple of spammers stopped. The only real advantage to that would be that the game ratings would be more accurate.
TheSid
TheSid
332 posts
Nomad

Sounds nice. I always wanted a way to see what people rated it.

Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

it has one benefit, if someone's average rating is a 10 or a .5, they are one of the people who auto-rate tens or .5s. Of course, they will just then change to rating it randomly, but oh well.
That was exactly was I was thinking, actually.

This is a fairly neutral suggestion in terms of usefulness. It can't be abused but it serves little purpose. I doubt it would cause the site to lag, though. It would just be another kind of counter.

I doubt it's something that will be put in, since it's a "just because" kind of thing, but it's not a bad suggestion...
Showing 1-13 of 13