ForumsSupport ForumYou know that flag on our profile? Well I was wondering...

36 4511
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

I wanted to know if the country flag that you select on your about could also be shown when you make a forum post, under your username where the rank sign is. This doesn't really have a point, but I just thought it might lessen the curiosity. I know there are lots of cons to this, but just throwing an idea out there...

• 36 Replies
killingman
killingman
541 posts
Nomad

I think this is a realy great idea firetail madness even though it wont matter i think this should be aloud.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

I told you, it really doesn't do anything but after all, it's just a suggestion...

Still, it'd be kinda cool, yeah...

Roadripper
Roadripper
1,514 posts
Farmer

I like it, though it wouldn't do much, it's kinda cool to take your flag everywhere..

~RR~

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

Was the country flag idea not needed in the first place? No, but it was still added. Sometimes, you gotta look for ideas that don't benefit the website, but instead give nice touches. This idea is basically moving the flag over to every post, correct? Well, with users having giant abouts filled with useless maps and such, it would be better if it WAS moved to the forums; When someone either posts or views, the flag will be RIGHT THERE, next to the armatar and rank, instead of being hidden by font.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

Thanks for the point Shintetsu.
Actually, I've never even seen the flag idea get suggested...

I like it, though it wouldn't do much, it's kinda cool to take your flag everywhere..

Unless you don't have a flag selected.
ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

Thanks for the point Shintetsu.
Actually, I've never even seen the flag idea get suggested...

That's because it took months for it to finally get added XD
I don't know the guy that suggested it, but he was so proud that it finally worked lol
Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

Not bad idea, imo.
Just silly with people who select flags from countries they don't live in, just because they like the flags...

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

Not bad idea, imo.
Just silly with people who select flags from countries they don't live in, just because they like the flags...

Well, you don't have to believe it, right?

That's because it took months for it to finally get added XD
I don't know the guy that suggested it, but he was so proud that it finally worked lol

Well, isn't that basically what happens to anything?

It will add a better touch to the forums.

Thanks!
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

It should be on your profile and next to your forum posts. It shouldn't be that hard to code because the flags are already all there.

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

Well, isn't that basically what happens to anything?

Well, this one took months LONGER than the rest lol. This idea was back in April or so, when it was first suggested.

Silly to see users choosing countries that they don't live in, just because they like the flags

Well, they are kids, right? Some of us however, are very patriotic about the Land of the Rising Sun.

But I think the flag should also stay in your profile.

Well, of course we aren't going to permanently move it from the About Page to the forums! People would do like you predicted and spam where you were from again.
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

Well, this one took months LONGER than the rest lol. This idea was back in April or so, when it was first suggested.

Well, there are a lot of countries so...

Well, they are kids, right? Some of us however, are very patriotic about the Land of the Rising Sun.

Just ignore those! ^.^

Well, of course we aren't going to permanently move it from the About Page to the forums! People would do like you predicted and spam where you were from again.

We're just gonna duplicate it.
Zega
Zega
6,921 posts
Peasant

Yeah, nice idea. Wouldn't do much good, but cool to have! Good idea Firetail! =)

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

Well, let's see the pros and cons:

Pros:
Lessens curiosity
Easy for people to find someone's nationality
Easy to code

Cons:
Isn't really needed.
People might abuse this privilege.

Got any more pros and cons to add?

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

Rather something to take out. How will people abuse a flag?? Really.

Here's two pros for me. It makes the thread views more creative and interesting, and it will eliminate some confusion while talking about politics. I've seen it happen before where one person would talk about their own prime minister, and other people have no idea what he/she is saying.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

Rather something to take out. How will people abuse a flag?? Really.

Ya know, confuse people by putting flags that are not where they are from maybe just because they look cool and stuff and yeah.

Here's two pros for me. It makes the thread views more creative and interesting, and it will eliminate some confusion while talking about politics. I've seen it happen before where one person would talk about their own prime minister, and other people have no idea what he/she is saying.

Yeah, this would go well in the worlds event page.
And people could have different views on different stuff and with their nationality people could understand.

Copy my chart and add those stuff onto it. I'm too lazy to. Lol.
Showing 1-15 of 36