111 posts
Nomad

http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp329/DemonicKirby/Kasumo.jpg

• 11 Replies
Talo
Talo
945 posts
Nomad

My art teacher always yelled at me to increase my contrast. Make your darks darker, and your lights lighter. So I shall say the same to you.

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

This is a raw scan pretty much, right? (Pretty good at that, too). To increase contrast you can use any image editing program, but if you have photoshop or GIMP I would recommend playing with the levels and value curve functions for greater control.

DemonicKirby
DemonicKirby
111 posts
Nomad

Ya your right about the scan. I have to admit it was an old drawing before i got to scan it but i do need to increase my contrast like Talo said with my basic drawings.

TheSid
TheSid
332 posts
Nomad

It's very nice, I like the detail's on the throat and the hair. It could be a little darker, and could use more work on the shadows. It's a pretty common anime piece, but it's nicely done.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

Better than I could've ever did. Nice places for shading.

Too bad I have no idea who Kazuo Kiriyama is.

DemonicKirby
DemonicKirby
111 posts
Nomad

Thanks for the comments and if you don't know who Kazuo is (firetail)
he's a character from a manga Battle Royal. It was a book first and is also a live action movie to.

Naruto
Naruto
658 posts
Nomad

wow i think its pretty good way better than i could do, i can't draw people very well

Fyrefox
Fyrefox
2,126 posts
Blacksmith

Yeah, good work on this piece the shading and the Uzi could use some more work to make it more realistic, but overall good job!

Too bad I have no idea who Kazuo Kiriyama is.

I have to agree with that statement firetail.
DemonicKirby
DemonicKirby
111 posts
Nomad

I want to make one of every character on Battle Royal.

Showing 1-9 of 11