ForumsProgramming ForumWeekly/Monthly Programming Contest?

19 5857
IQAndreas
IQAndreas
299 posts
Peasant

How many people here work with Flash?

Since there is a "Weekly Poetry Contest" and an art contest, are there enough people here for a programming contest?

Each month or week, a topic is announced. The winner gets one merit.

If people are required to include their source, then it will benefit the rest of the beginners, so they can learn from others. But only submitting the finished SWF could work too.

It can just be something simple, but not too easy, such as "Make a sphere that bounces off of player placed walls." It doesn't have to be a full-fledged game each time. (But making it into a full fledged game will likely increase your chances of winning.)

What do you guys think?
Could this fly?

• 19 Replies
Awoogamuffin
Awoogamuffin
19 posts
Nomad

Ok, I've made a quick start to it. I now have two paddles controlled by WASD or arrow keys, and they can move left and right as well as up and down. I've embedded the .swf and provided a link to all the source files on a blogspot account here:

http://awoogamuffinagpc.blogspot.com/

the agpc stands for armor games programming contest.

I'm using google sites to upload the source files and .swf file. Works a charm.

Hope the source files help those of you unfamiliar with the Object Orientated side of flash programming, and as always, I'll plug my tutorial blog:

www.flashgametutorials.blogspot.com

Enjoy!

dank
dank
986 posts
Peasant

after seeing the pong thing, it might be a good idea to have competitions on remakes of simple games arcade games. We could attract some more programmers from other sites (Newgrounds) by throwing them all together to make one game with all the different entries.

Who knows, maybe Dan would also give us some real prizes to award if it gets any attention.

As for me, I would/will? make a pong game completely in AS3, but I can't say that I would have the time to do it.

Captain_J_Sheridan
Captain_J_Sheridan
313 posts
Nomad

Since veryone is so excited about Pong

Is tomorrow the deadline?

Captain_J_Sheridan
Captain_J_Sheridan
313 posts
Nomad

Forget it, I just woke up and wasn't paying atention that there was a thread for it already

Showing 16-19 of 19