ForumsSupport ForumIs this considered a merit?

27 3203
jond
jond
267 posts
Nomad

I was just wondering if this comments was a merit. *NOTE* this is not a request it is more of a poll.

My comment.

Scroll down a little bit and you see a big comment. That's mine.

• 27 Replies
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

No. That's a guide.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

That would be better if it was posted in the Sonny 2 forum. Then it wouldn't disappear and work well as a guide.

MarkedTarget6
MarkedTarget6
1,699 posts
Peasant

Yes that does seem like more of a guide and if you wanted a merit then try not to talk about wanting one for it... and even though you said it wasn't a request it is still getting people to look at it more which would overall have a higher chance of getting a merit which isn't right...

And firetail is right...

jond
jond
267 posts
Nomad

Well, I look it as a half guide half comment but ok I'll tell a moderator. thanks for the help.

jond
jond
267 posts
Nomad

Sorry for the double post but it can't go in the Sonny 2 forum cause it was in the Sonny comments.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

Copy it and post it onto the Sonny forum. Why now?

And why will you tell a moderator?

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

do not tell a moderator and ask them for a merit of any kind if that is what you mean,as asking for merits or for the moderators to look at your comments to see if they are merit worthy,is frowned upon.

plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

Sonny is allowed in sonny 2. Yea, it's half a guide and half a review.... :/

jond
jond
267 posts
Nomad

do not tell a moderator and ask them for a merit of any kind if that is what you mean,as asking for merits or for the moderators to look at your comments to see if they are merit worthy,is frowned upon.

Not to sound rude, but I said in the topic I am not requesting for a merit I'm just wondering of what you guys think of it. If it's merit worthy or not.
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

well it said some of the things that are god about the game and its accomplishments,and also acts as a guide(of sorts) for the game.A few things I see missing is what can be improved in the game.That doesn't necessarily mean you have to say directly."This is how the game should be improved..." but instead you could say some of the things you didn't really like about the game,but if you do that then be sure to say why you don't like it,so that it can help to improve the game.Typically from what I have seen,reviews that get merits typically are ones that can benefit the developer and help them make the game(or its sequel) better.Keep in mind that this also includes informing them about bugs within the game,that make it less enjoyable.Whatever you choose to do with your reviews,I think it would be suggested that you strive for reviews that help the developer,and to be truthful I don't think this review meets that standard.

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Gantic is right: this is a guide (and a good summary at that). I wouldn't really count it at all as a "comment" as in a review.

The difference is that a review conveys whether you think the game is worth your time or not, and why. The guide simply tells you what happens in the game. Usually, the two are kept completely separate because guides generally include spoilers and spoilers should always be kept out of reviews.

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

Just remember, you are leaving the comment for the game creator, not the other users. He does not want to see a guide. He wants to view comments that can help him improve his game making skills and to know what he did that people liked vs. what they didn't like.

Just remember, the reviews are for the game creators and nobody else.

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

...unless you're one of those people (like myself) who actually briefly look at the reviews to see whether the game is worth playing.

In which case I want to know if it's worth it, not how I should go about it. If I wanted to know that I'd look in the forums.

rafa1
rafa1
92 posts
Nomad

no it doesnt deserves a merit

recon543
recon543
244 posts
Nomad

No because, it's a guide.

Showing 1-15 of 27