ForumsSupport ForumPersonalized Comment Box

17 2819
choazmachine
choazmachine
1,044 posts
Nomad

I was just thinking, if AG could make a new Comment Box on profiles.
One in which there is the ability to search comments 7 words are less... by pressing a button!

And fishing through comment made by your mortal enemies as to delete them and send them to the Admins and Mods.

Or just the ability to block comments from other users.

What about making restrictions to your comment box, so you don't have to deal with spam and all that.

At least something more?
----------------------------------------------------------
Also for, all the other suggestions. Why suggest, when AG doesn't do anything anyway! Why can't they just give us a heads up? Like good idea or we are going to use this for version 2.0?
Something?!

• 17 Replies
Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

One in which there is the ability to search comments 7 words are less... by pressing a button!
that's just trying to get people in trouble -.-

i like the ability to block comments from other users but i can't think of any situation in which you would want to

i don't like the idea of restrictions on commenting just doesn't sit well with me
choazmachine
choazmachine
1,044 posts
Nomad

Oh, sorry! I meant by the 7 words or less thing, as to find them easy and delete them off your comments box. So you don't have to go through page and page and page of comments, just to find spam ones.

jond
jond
267 posts
Nomad

i like the ability to block comments from other users but i can't think of any situation in which you would want to

There a lot occasions you would want to do that.
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

well I think a good system would be to have a filter that can be turned on so that it would hide any comments that are not made by people that you have added to your friends list.When i say hide it would be like the way you tubes commenting system hides comments that are marked as spam.If something like that could be done then it would be great,and since games don't have friends lists,you wouldn't have to worry about it effecting that,and it wouldn't be blocked or deleted,and the user could look at it later if they want.

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

The part about blocking users has been going on for a long time, and it hasn't happened yet, so who knows where that's heading...

I'm curious about the restrictions part. What would we be able to filter?

And for the ideas, AG like to keep surprises, and maybe give out some teasers once in a while. They wouldn't want to spoil the fun with giving out what's going to be added later.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

I'm all for blocking users! It'll be a small community though...

Being able to view all the 7 word comments would be useful, but it wouldn't be too hard to fish the spam comments out, hey?

What exactly do you mean by restrictions? Like 4 words or less comments will be deleted? What exactly do you mean?

And for the ideas, AG like to keep surprises, and maybe give out some teasers once in a while. They wouldn't want to spoil the fun with giving out what's going to be added later.

Well, their spoiling my fun and curiosity.
choazmachine
choazmachine
1,044 posts
Nomad

ShintetsuWA says:

The part about blocking users has been going on for a long time, and it hasn't happened yet, so who knows where that's heading...

No, no. You don't get my point! no block users, but their ability to comment on your profile.

ShintetsuWA says:

Spoil the fun? Are you kidding me?! Having people waste their precious ideas to AG and get crickets in return? You think that is fun? Wow.
It's getting old for me. I don't see a reason to HAVE the suggestion thread, when the things we are suggesting are either getting shot down or not reviewed.

ShintetsuWA says:
I'm curious about the restrictions part. What would we be able to filter?

Restrictions for comment box-

-Users are UN-able to successfully comment 7 words or less on an account.

-Specific unwanted users are prohibited to write ANYTHING on this account.

-HTML and other codes such maybe as BB are filtered from comment box
----------------------------------------------------

Get the hang of it now?
choazmachine
choazmachine
1,044 posts
Nomad

For the official guide on spam and all that, look here.

For you are wrong firetail and you must write more than 5-7 words to comment, and to not be spam.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

-HTML and other codes such maybe as BB are filtered from comment box

well for this site certain BB code and all HTML should already be restricted from the comment boxes anyways.
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

well I think just highlighting comments that are less then 7 words could be done, or to really customize the comment box(although probably tougher to code) would be to allow the filter to be whatever amount of words the user wants it to be,up to probably 10 word filters,and words would be considered anything that is a group of one or more letters or numbers,without spaces.So symbols don't count,and if that is all someone has then it would be considered one of those spam messages that would be filtered and/or highlighted.

choazmachine
choazmachine
1,044 posts
Nomad

*Should* be, key word. You see, in my case their wouldn't be should, would and won't... their is can't.
The difference is the amount of ability to do BB and HTML in comment box
[able, 100% unable]

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

No, no. You don't get my point! no block users, but their ability to comment on your profile.

That's what I meant. That has been going on for a long time.
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

4 word comments and up will not be deleted unless they don't mean anything. 5-7 word comments will be even better. At least that's what Carlie reminded me before.

choazmachine
choazmachine
1,044 posts
Nomad

@firetail_madness

Ok, off topic firetail, you can comment me to tell me that, this is on comment box...

@shintetsuWA:

Whatever, still...anything else on COMMENT BOX?

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

You seem even stricter than me at the rules, okay, so I got a little bit carried away...

For the comment box, there could be an option that limits only friends to be able to comment on your profile. There are many drawbacks though...

Showing 1-15 of 17