ForumsSupport ForumAP idea

10 1862
shorty9094
shorty9094
2 posts
Shepherd

you know what i think that a good idea for AP points would be. well here is what i was thinking, somthing like if you got into the top 20 on a game you got like 10 points or somthing.

• 10 Replies
tennisman24
tennisman24
4,682 posts
Farmer

how will u get into the top 20

theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

Won't be a good idea, it is really hard to get in the top 20 since most high scores are from hackers and what not.

And plus how can we code that in to the system?

seven_11
seven_11
304 posts
Nomad

i agree with theone and they would have to add the rank system to all the games that don't have them

shorty9094
shorty9094
2 posts
Shepherd

please its not that hard, i got number 10 on white board tower defence on my second try, come on

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

well i think the game would have to have some sort of action script implemented into it,but yes most of the top 20 in alot of games is from hackers.I once saw a game where the top scores were ranked by how fast you beat the game.I'm not so sure how good my math is,but a majority of the top 10 beat the game in either 0 seconds or -10,000,000,000 seconds(or something similar to that) and this was made by one of the major site game developers as well,so I don't think there was anything that could have avoided it as I don't think it had anything to do with poor coding
(not like that should even be put into consideration)but my point is people could manipulate this and keep in mind that the AP system is developed for the forums,instead of the games like on xbox live or kongregate,so this would go against the way the system is built.Sorry,but I don't think this would work out very well.

OHWHATNOW
OHWHATNOW
1 posts
Nomad

That game is fun.

slipsoccer
slipsoccer
1,081 posts
Peasant

well i think the game would have to have some sort of action script implemented into it,but yes most of the top 20 in alot of games is from hackers.I once saw a game where the top scores were ranked by how fast you beat the game.I'm not so sure how good my math is,but a majority of the top 10 beat the game in either 0 seconds or -10,000,000,000 seconds(or something similar to that) and this was made by one of the major site game developers as well,so I don't think there was anything that could have avoided it as I don't think it had anything to do with poor coding

Lets say you could only break the barrier by the highscore you get, cause i haven't seen a game when you could only get in the top 20 by how fast you beat it. Wouldn't that be for the simple games?
DiTzi
DiTzi
199 posts
Peasant

It's a good idea but it should be checked by the modetors!

Ragingmelon
Ragingmelon
69 posts
Nomad

It's a good idea but it should be checked by the modetors!

I agree, it is a good idea but how will the moderators keep monitoring the scores for each game with high scores? It's just too much work to be done.
I can think of 2 ways the ap will be handed out:

1. Anybody to have achieved top 20 gets ap and keeps it. This will not work very good, as the first to play would get points for doing/achieving nothing at all.
2. Your points vanish after being beaten. Your score probably will be broken until you go under the top 20 and losing your points.

Also, hackers will be getting more ap than others, which will not be fair.
Agent_86
Agent_86
2,132 posts
Nomad

I don't think this is a good idea, as it has been proposed(in one form or another) and turned down many times.

Showing 1-10 of 10