ForumsGamesPoison Piercing

11 6259
Seraph1013
Seraph1013
17 posts
Nomad

Is posion piercing of any use since it only helps criticals, which I believe that the actual debuffs cant critical. I have seen myself critical when hitting but that damage is really weak as to add posion piercing just for that attack.
to resume my question. Is posion piercing only useful for when it hits or also to the poison debuff as well?

• 11 Replies
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

Any piercing is important against low levels because it adds higher critical chance rate and extra critical damage as well as additional damage, and the piercing increases the lower the enemies' level is to yours.

PsychoIncarnate
PsychoIncarnate
1,037 posts
Nomad

Poison attacks deal poison damage as well as leave debuffs.

Envenom damages the enemy as well as poisoning them, so if you want that initial damage to deal a lot, poison piercing is important for that.

Seraph1013
Seraph1013
17 posts
Nomad

all attack do hit in poison, but the intial damage is innately really weak (10% of strenght and instinct), even at max lvl and fully equipped, it's significantly weak compared to the actual debuff damage.

so I guess I was right, poison piercing is mainly useless

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

Poison is mostly damage over time, so poison piercing isn't too strong, I guess.

But if you use slash, it's a must...

Seraph1013
Seraph1013
17 posts
Nomad

slash isn't poison damage, it's physical

plokmijn27
plokmijn27
66 posts
Nomad

in the first sonny, if you gave veradux paladin's armor, he would have like 3000 poison piercing and whenever he used his poison spell (the debuff that does poison damage every turn) he would do like 1200 damage, along with like 100 poison damage every turn.
the only problem is that he only uses poison when HE wants to.

mistical
mistical
4 posts
Nomad

ok the ONLY reason poison percing is decent is for the poison percing skill then toxic form. i went from hitting (just the direct damage not the dot damage)for 10(non-crit) to hitting for 900ish(non-crit) then criting for 2k-ish so yes poison percing is decent but the dot portion of poison spells are the main thing

PsychoIncarnate
PsychoIncarnate
1,037 posts
Nomad

Well, Galiant's armor isn't in Sonny 2, so you just have to resort to the not-so-great Acid armor (Though it looks a lot cooler!) IN Zone 4 it's actually pretty good and adds the poison piercing (+ the helmet has a strength of 38)

After that, I'm not sure if Poison Piercing is better to have than the much better armors. Probably need to do some math to figure that out based on % of increase from poison piercing and % increase from brute strength alone.

Jerkoid
Jerkoid
222 posts
Shepherd

Poison piercing armor is pretty much only good in Z4. In Z5, the imperial/corporal sets' strength ends up making it do more.

And yes, toxicant form makes the piercings about twice as strong. It can get stronger than your infect DOT, with corruption. Oh, that reminds me. The poison defense bonus on corruption only affects the initial hit, not DOT's.

Even with all that piercing, though, most of your damage will come from DOT's.

BASHA
BASHA
660 posts
Nomad

if your biological what you need to do, is just get acidic blood. and then with envenom and corrosion and all that stuff you will deal a good amount of initial damage and still get the debuffs

monkeypantsa
monkeypantsa
1 posts
Nomad

With poison piercing, you do far greater initial damage with Envenom than stacking even 9 times (which isn't possible). The most damage I've seen over time in the cavern is 1173, while in Toxicant form I deal 2248 with the initial hit of envenom. The initial damage does far more than the damage over time effect, no matter how much you stack.

Showing 1-11 of 11