ForumsSupport ForumHow to spell right. (For n00bs)

13 2181
L337
L337
348 posts
Nomad

THIS IS A SUPPORT THREAD.PLEASE DON'T COME TALKING THAT THIS THREAD IS NOT IN THE RIGHT PLACE.
Alright.Im tired of seeing n00bs with their ''interwebs'' talking.
''Hay'' is spelled wrong. It's Hi or hello
''Dood'' is spelled wrong.It's ''dude''.
Please,put the ''z'' and ''s'' in the right place.
Example of a n00b:
thanx m8.
It's spelled ''Thanks'' not ''thanx''
Also, please,take a few seconds to type ''mate'' ,Not ''m8'' .
''wot'' or ''wat'' is spelled wrong too.It's spelled ''what''
Xmas..Take a few seconds to type ''Christmas'' not ''Xmas''
''ur'' is spelled wrong too.Its spelled ''Your''
''u'' is spelled wrong too.It's spelled ''You''
n00b language:
''wot u gunna do?''
Translated:
''What are you going to do?''
Im getting tired.If you see i left one word;Correct me if im wrong.

• 13 Replies
random_player_of_ag
random_player_of_ag
2,636 posts
Nomad

Dude good topic but try not use so much bold.

It is an eye sore.

L337
L337
348 posts
Nomad

O sorry.
I also forgot,use a good spelling so people wont hate you.

plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

Hmm and you would listen to someone named L337?? LOL

People choose not to spell on purpose, it's not like they're illiterate.

L337
L337
348 posts
Nomad

Hmm and you would listen to someone named L337?? LOL

What about my name?
You could see some one called shaggyunited89579876 and he could be more intelligent/superior than you so,lets don't talk about dumb names now.

People choose not to spell on purpose, it's not like they're illiterate.

Well,i made this thread that those who like their ''interwebz'' talking;It's annoying.
random_player_of_ag
random_player_of_ag
2,636 posts
Nomad

What about my name?
You could see some one called shaggyunited89579876 and he could be more intelligent/superior than you so,lets don't talk about dumb names now.

You are right.
Names do not define your intelligence.
And your name is not dumb.
It is cool.
Lul >> Bye
woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

Alright.Im tired of seeing n00bs with their ''interwebs'' talking.

People who bang on about grammar on this site piss me off. Its not a big issue. No need to start a thread about it, it's not like it will change anything. Lots of users on here are quite young or not fluent in English, expecting proper spelling and grammar all the time is unrealistic.
Ragingmelon
Ragingmelon
69 posts
Nomad

(For n00bs)

You really think who you call 'n00bs' would pay much attention to this? I don't.
People that speak like that usually stay that way. It's normal to them and they don't see it being wrong in any way.
L337
L337
348 posts
Nomad

People who bang on about grammar on this site piss me off. Its not a big issue. No need to start a thread about it, it's not like it will change anything. Lots of users on here are quite young or not fluent in English, expecting proper spelling and grammar all the time is unrealistic.

How do you know that it wont change anything?
I made this Thread so people who like to talk like that will maybe stop.
plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

What about my name?

I'm saying your name is spelled the way a "n00b" would spell it, so I don't see a reason for a "n00b" to read this and believe it coming from someone who spells his name "L337".

People who bang on about grammar on this site piss me off.

*thumbs up*

I made this Thread so people who like to talk like that will maybe stop.

Have fun. =)
Destor
Destor
706 posts
Nomad

lawl, U thnk i wll st0p tlkng liek dis? u is teh wrongz!!!!1!

Most people who type like that have phones and use text messaging excessively. Because of this they believe that it is to much of a hassle to type anything out completely, and grammar is hard to get right on phones as well. Personally I don't care if people talk like that, as long as it is legible enough. And then if I can not read what they said, I use an online n00b/1337-speak translator.

And why is your name l337? First of all, it should be 1337, and second you say you hate people talking in 1337 5|034|<. I only use 1337-5|034|< when I get bored or for fun in Instant Message conversations.

u stll cnt get me 2 stp tlkng liek dis! I ownzorz ur boxorz off! I=1337*1337*1337*1337*1337*1337*1337*1337*1337*1337*1337*1337*1337
*1337*1337*1337*1337*1337*1337*1337*1337*1337*1337*1337*1337*1337

1337!

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

This would be a lot better place if everyone didn't use abbreviations and tlkd lke dis.

It would be okay if it was profile chatting, but when it comes to forums and tactical conversations, proper spelling can make people look a lot higher of you.

Destor
Destor
706 posts
Nomad

I do not disagree with that, as you can see by my posts, but these people should be allowed to do what they want, however they should also be informed of how it will make them seem to other users. Then the choice should be theirs, as it is currently- though how could you change that?- And then we would have several better typers. I'm surprised he didn't ask about the noob-translator. It's called past experience. I did once used to talk like that and made a sort-of dictionary of 1337-to-normal talking. I guess it isn't really online then, but I could make it be if I wanted to.

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

If you are trying to make a helpful thread, please try to make it less derogatory to other members of the community. The term 'n00b' is considered offensive to many people. So please, if you choose to remake this thread, make sure it is helpful and constructive.

Showing 1-13 of 13