ForumsSupport ForumSuggestion:Player Rating

10 1619
L337
L337
348 posts
Nomad

Example:
Im looking at Carlie's Profile and i see some thing that says ''Rating:100 Rate up:Rate down'' buttons.
If you click ''Rate up'',the rating will go up.But if you click down,the rating will go to 99.
But what will happen if he has 0 rating i i rated him down?
It would appear like this: Rating: -1 Rate up:Rate down
Easy as that.
Ps.I don't know if this is a good idea. I just suggested it

• 10 Replies
Destor
Destor
706 posts
Nomad

This would have people who spam multiple accounts to lower the mod's rating to -2,000,000 because they locked their thread or banhammar'd their account. Plus I just don't like this idea, no rating me!

L337
L337
348 posts
Nomad

lol,dude who knows,i've seen other games and mods have their rating for like 1,985 +

Agent_86
Agent_86
2,132 posts
Nomad

Well, I don't like this idea. It will end up in people &quotlaying favorites" with player ratings.

plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

Destor is right. Some people "mass defame" someone for no real reason at all. People will create spam threads like &quotlease keep rating me" or "unrate so-and-so because of blablabla".

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

Well, you could disable the rating thing.

I like this idea, it is a harmless way for people to see what others think of them.

I so approve.

Although it is amazingly rare for an idea in this forum to be initiated so don't get you're hopes up or anything.

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,204 posts
Farmer

Although it is amazingly rare for an idea in this forum to be initiated so don't get you're hopes up or anything.

There are things that go in, don't say there's no hope, although there is very little XP
*pokes flags, on/off-line indicator, and Art. Music, and writing thread*
Seeeee, a whole whopping three things have made it through!!! I think there's a couple more but i dunno if they're significant, maybe the tavern was a suggestion, can't remember >_>
-----
People will play favorites. They will always play favorites I mean they do that with anything =P
It's a good idea IF, IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF it was optional. However there's no point to it it'd just make it more glamorous for those who got 100+.

Also, would it be visible on the forums??? Because then maybe it'd be a little more helpful knowing that if someone tells me I'm doing something wrong(and they have 5000+ or something) I know they're probably right O_o But then again I could just take the time to go to their profile.
Although one snotty comment will get you -1, -1, -1, -1, -1, -1, -1 DX
Ragingmelon
Ragingmelon
69 posts
Nomad

This reminds me of fame in Maplestory.. people pay newbies money to fame them.
From what I have seen, it won't work that great.

theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

Well I could see this as a good thing..But, really, what would be the purpose?!?

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,204 posts
Farmer

This reminds me of fame in Maplestory.. people pay newbies money to fame them.

*snickers* It was a great way to get rich XP

There are a lot of forums where people get rate ups....how about....
no rate down? Just a rate up? It'd be more 'fair', although it's still got cons.
TheSid
TheSid
332 posts
Nomad

I remember fame in MapleStory. It was amazingly irritating. Fame was just a bad idea overall.

But, it's not a good idea. People would abuse it.
A better way of taking this is by adding some.. badge, like the whistles in Newgrounds, but only mods could control them. But it's still not such a good idea.

Showing 1-10 of 10