ForumsArt, Music, and WritingMy Dragon Travels and sketches (trueish stories)

70 10806
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

Well, ever since I was little I had always been intrested and somewhat a fanatic of dragons. I've discovered (though many don't beleive me for lack of proof) and sketcehd several dragons, but my journal I kept oif all 120 species I had uncovered was sadly misplaced over moving. So I'm remaking this all over again. The forward are 2 of the dragons I remember finding, and the story behind them.

The Wyx Dragon - 2 sketches, look at the one labeled "Wyx Dragon" for the description"

The Rixnak - my ear STILL hurts

• 70 Replies
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

ok, since I wanna bump this babeh, I'm going to tell you of a very special buddy I met when I was vacationing in the rockies (not sure where, but I think it was in nevada, I haven't seen my favorite gigantic lizard in at least 4 years :P). I'm sure literally NONE of you will beleive me, but I'll just say it. I met a dragon, or something I beleive to be a dragon. Despite my sightings and knowledge of them, this one was actually really small, and it's color matched the cave around it. He was spiny and careful, and it took me at least 3 of the 7 days I was there to get him to befriend me. It had green eyes and smoggy black skin. It didn't have scales, but more of a carapace. It's tail was at least 3 feet long, and his (I checked) hind legs were powerful, like a frog. He had no wings, and the front legs were smaller than the back. It was jumpy (but still walked normally), and liked to play with frisbee's. from what I could possibly tell, it was the size of a komodo dragon. I love him so. I wish I had enough money and memory to see him again. I even caught a snatch look of one of the eggs. It was a dark black shiny shell and a rock couldn't even make it crack. He got made at me for it. I named him rickshank, and that's the reason why I named the gray rickshank, it reminded me of him. heh.

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Hmm, cute. I have nothing else to say, I guess.

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

Hmm, cute. I have nothing else to say, I guess.

well, there went my hopefullness that someone would beleive me. I guess it WAS false hope though. *sigh* oh well.
thanks for coming and reading/looking then.
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Just because I am tired, have second day hangovers and am stressed. I would have made a better comment, I think...

Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

*reads a little*
Oh, nice~ Will read the rest later. You're right, it does remind one of that book...

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

Just because I am tired, have second day hangovers and am stressed. I would have made a better comment, I think...

Owch, but remember,
you drink, you draw, you sometimes fail.
Sept for picasso, he made an artistic style at his buddies bachelor party.
Destor
Destor
706 posts
Nomad

Nice story, that's cool that you saw a real dragon(-ish-thing). My advertising worked I guess. Good drawings also, I could never draw like that. Personally I paint watercolor, but that is getting off-topic. Anyway, I'm wearing a shirt with a dragon on it right now.

Oh, and you tried to crack the lizard/dragon's egg! How evil, even though it didn't work. It is still pretty cool that you saw all of that, but how did you befriend it?

Unless you were making this all up, but I believed that you found a Komodo dragon or something like that.

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

Oh, and you tried to crack the lizard/dragon's egg! How evil, even though it didn't work. It is still pretty cool that you saw all of that, but how did you befriend it?

My dad likes squirrel jerky, and I found alot of squirrel bones inside the dragons liar. I put 2 and 2 together and gave it some squirrel jerky!

Yeah, but I was trying to prove a theory, and I think I had assesed all of the dragons weak points. The neck, the underbelly, and the tounge were all very weak spots.
Besides, as I studied him, he kinda played rough with his eggs too. Which is the odd part.
Destor
Destor
706 posts
Nomad

That is weird, I hope you didn't do anything bad. Nice score with the squirrel jerky, that is an odd coincidence. You need to put more drawings up, I liked the other ones a lot.

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

I have an egg drawing for the Wyx and Rixnak dragon, I'll Sketch some more of my gigantic lizard friends while I'm talking with my gf.

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

*reads a little*
Oh, nice~ Will read the rest later. You're right, it does remind one of that book...

*gasps*
YOU READ DDD *is exxxtremely elated*
banshee scream shall not be called upon now. Thanks.
NOOO, NO GOD WHY?!
I just found out that PPG is going to come back to Cartoon network for their 10th anniversary
Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

I found the style charming. These were entertaining to read, and I like dragons. I am always interested in the views of others on the subject as compared to my own.

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

I found the style charming. These were entertaining to read, and I like dragons. I am always interested in the views of others on the subject as compared to my own.

Btw, I swear on my life that these (except the wyx) are real life experiences, and at one point of time my family was very wealthy, while as I am no longer wealthy. The Wyx dragon was made out of a glimpse of a dragon with no hind legs I saw in the sky.
Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

Btw, I swear on my life that these (except the wyx) are real life experiences,
Really? I'm sure you understand, but I'm not sure I believe you. On the other hand, I have no reason not to believe you, so I would be willing to believe that you are not - or believe you aren't - lying. Hmm. I find the "you're lying or crazy" view more likely, but you may be telling the truth, I wouldn't know.
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

I'm sure you understand, but I'm not sure I believe you. On the other hand, I have no reason not to believe you, so I would be willing to believe that you are not - or believe you aren't - lying. Hmm. I find the "you're lying or crazy" view more likely, but you may be telling the truth, I wouldn't know.

I know. If only there was one some dragon within my vicinity, I would be able to do long term research. All of my experiences were during vacation, and my mom even gave me a collar one time to prevent my running off during a ski trip. heh.
Showing 1-15 of 70