ForumsArt, Music, and WritingMy Dragon Travels and sketches (trueish stories)

70 10830
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

Well, ever since I was little I had always been intrested and somewhat a fanatic of dragons. I've discovered (though many don't beleive me for lack of proof) and sketcehd several dragons, but my journal I kept oif all 120 species I had uncovered was sadly misplaced over moving. So I'm remaking this all over again. The forward are 2 of the dragons I remember finding, and the story behind them.

The Wyx Dragon - 2 sketches, look at the one labeled "Wyx Dragon" for the description"

The Rixnak - my ear STILL hurts

• 70 Replies
Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

As I said, I will keep an open mind, but it's hard to believe you.

All of my experiences were during vacation,
Vacation in the same area or separate places?
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

Vacation in the same area or separate places?

different places. MY favorite, of couse, was the camping trip in the cabin. Where I found rickshank. Oddly enough however, I have only seen 1 dragon with wings! Most seemed to be amphibious, and could jump a total distance of 20 feet from just a sitting position. So the real life dragons, aren't really much of "dragons" Then again, the farthest I've gone was in guatamala, Where I found a rather weird thing, not really dragonish, but I'd like to think of it as one. It burrowed in mud, and was about the size of an xbox 360. I saw no eggs, so I couldn't really Identify it.

Thanks for keeping an open mind though. I try my best.
Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

Assuming you're claims are true, (which I am willing to do) are your stories that go with your drawings on DA based on your personal accounts, or speculations as to the ecology of the creatures based on your past sightings?

and his (I checked)
Do you mean that this dragon had mammal-like genitalia rather than the normal reptilian system?
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

Do you mean that this dragon had mammal-like genitalia rather than the normal reptilian system?

oddly, yes. Despite anatomy, he actually had a penis. I find it to be just as odd as you do. When I was little, it came to no suprise because I had only had a dog when I was tiny. So yeah.
Assuming you're claims are true, (which I am willing to do) are your stories that go with your drawings on DA based on your personal accounts, or speculations as to the ecology of the creatures based on your past sightings?

Based on past sightings of myself and a little bit of exageration. I'm going by memory here.
Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

oddly, yes. Despite anatomy, he actually had a penis. I find it to be just as odd as you do. When I was little, it came to no suprise because I had only had a dog when I was tiny. So yeah.
Strange. As you said, it's a shame you couldn't have spent more time observing these creatures it the wild.

Based on past sightings of myself and a little bit of exageration. I'm going by memory here.
That's what I thought.

How long ago was your most recent dragon sighting?
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

How long ago was your most recent dragon sighting?

at least a year, It's been a long time since I've even tried looking. I went astray and started making my own species and bible. I don't entirely understand why I left myself to say the truth.
Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

Well that seems recent enough to be trust worthy.

How intelligent do you estimate these creatures to be?

slliM
slliM
1,463 posts
Nomad

This is very awesome. I like the kind of wilderness guide thing that you have going. I'll keep watch on this thread.

(btw, I was thinking of doing something like this, only fake, and not using dragons.)

P.S. I am one of those skeptics, but I don't have a reason not to believe you.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Who hasn't seen a dragon? Then again, they don't hang around cities much.

I used to see dragons. Don't see them as often as I used to anymore. Used to see whales too. Never got close enough to either of them to make many observations because I was always going somewhere or had somewhere to go. Plus they were always up in the air. Don't know if they ever interacted. Hmmm... I don't even see that many sea gulls around either. Odd.

Interesting what inland dragons look like.

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

How intelligent do you estimate these creatures to be?

about as much as wolves. I don't beleive in the telepathy theory, like some of the dreamers do. They make grunts and some of the more amphibious ones make a type of snort. I haven't met one that threw the conventional roar, even though Dolorous snarled before she (I just say she, I did not check that one, a bit too scared) barely bit my ear. The bugger. However, I've seen a couple of the smaller ones (about the size of a squirrel) go into something I thought was a formation to catch my dog when I was on yet another vacation, this time in guatamala...I'm not sure why we brought our dog...stupid if you ask me haha (on a side note, I saved my dog).
Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

Noted. This is pretty interesting. I assume dragons are fairly uncommon, as not many seem to know of there existence.

What do dragons eat?

Also, you likened them to wolves. How social are they?

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

I assume dragons are fairly uncommon, as not many seem to know of there existence.

good assumption. They are normally small as well. The largest I saw was dolorous, which was 6 feet tall and somewhere near 12 feet across. I guess things have changed.

What do dragons eat?

Depends on the species and size. I had seen a small more lizard like dragon when I was at a family reunion with my great grandfather. I was playing in the field when I came upon some odd waste. It didn't look like owl droppings, or crow/bird droppings, so I followed a scuttle in the grass, it was one of the small (about rodent) sized dragons, with leathery skin and no scales. I noticed it on the spot, because of the slit pupil and red iris. I forgot what I had named the dragon, but it's species was familiar. I could only assume that the odd (discolored as a greenish-brown, dry substance) droppings came from it, as they were fairly small. I found grains, and a little bit of fur inside it. I washed up my hands and made it for dinner, if any of you are wondering.

Also, you likened them to wolves. How social are they?

Not so much with humans, which is probably a reason why they don't come too close to our habitat. I normally catch a glimpse, follow until no longer trusted, and win them over with a food they might like or by offering a gift of some-sort, I.E. a small grass hat I had weaved, a small dragon liked it, but put it on it's back more of a saddle than a hat. One time I had made a small burrow for one that had been kicked in by a nasty kid where I had lived for a little bit (forestation). With their same species, well, it depends on the species. Most of the dragons I've seen that are around the size of a house cat are not social with the same species, while as others, (about the size of a rat) would be social with one another, and form something of a colony.
RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,202 posts
Farmer

Interesting what inland dragons look like.

Hmmmm, thoad, you should get a submarine, deep sea dragon species ought to grow to immense sizes, and have very strange qualities unheard of up here(much similar to the fish types).
And yes, I believe there could be marine-capable dragons(how far, Idunno =P), just like there are swimming lizards.
Most of the dragons I've seen that are around the size of a house cat

I doubt there will be anything bigger than that, for adaptive reasons >_>

Ah I luv the sea, I mean that's where Nemo lives o_O
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

Ah I luv the sea, I mean that's where Nemo lives o_O

*is sensing sarcasm plzthx*

I wish I could get a submarine, but due to tough times my family is going unwealthy. Craps hitting the fan ya know?
I'm sure that underwater dragonlike creatures are immense, but have you seen one? How long ago was it?
RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,202 posts
Farmer

I'm sure that underwater dragonlike creatures are immense, but have you seen one? How long ago was it?

Nope, don't have a submarine, haven't seen any lizard from that deep below, unless you can count Godzilla, I've seen him in movies before. I have seen a swimming Iguana before, doesn't count towards deep-sea reptiles though, it was about 4-feet long, a friend had it temporarily because of their dad's job. I would think the dragon would have evolved into something similar to that, but more suited to the extreme pressure, like anything would actually =/

And no I don't like the sea, it tastes nasty and all to often do I taste it due to my lack of a long-term attention span. I would rather be in a pool.
Showing 16-30 of 70