ForumsProgramming ForumNow I am confused...

7 3643
DaliuXas
DaliuXas
71 posts
Scribe

Alright explain to this dummy what is the difference between the Adobe Flash CS4 and Macromedia Flash MX?Are they same but with different updates or something?Do they have major differences in game design?I just saw couple of books explaining how to make flash games with Macromedia Flash MX and almost haven't found any books for CS4 to produce flash games.

• 7 Replies
Erasmus_Darwin
Erasmus_Darwin
59 posts
Nomad

Adobe bought Flash from Macromedia so anything with Macromedia in the name is referring to an older version. Wikipedia has the history of the various versions here. It's especially important to note that Macromedia Flash MX doesn't even support AS2, as it was introduced in the next version (Macromedia Flash MX 2004).

I suspect that the tutorials and books you'll want are ones relating to Adobe Flash CS3. CS4 is new enough that you might have trouble finding books specifically relating to that. However, both CS3 and CS4 support AS3, so there are a lot of similarities.

Captain_J_Sheridan
Captain_J_Sheridan
313 posts
Nomad

As far as I know, the least decent version of Macromedia Flash was 8

BehemothBoy
BehemothBoy
33 posts
Nomad

I don't know about that, I use Flash 8 and it works fine for me.

Sssssnnaakke
Sssssnnaakke
1,036 posts
Scribe

As far as I know, the least decent version of Macromedia Flash was 8
This works fine and
I use Flash 8 and it works fine for me.
these two both work and are almost the same but what makes them different is how you work with them and the one produces faster but not as good in quality and the other produces slower and has sometimes better quality. In other words there bascily the same thing with a different label.

BehemothBoy
BehemothBoy
33 posts
Nomad

*Nods head thinking to himself 'WTF did he just say'* ^^^

DaliuXas
DaliuXas
71 posts
Scribe

Well this figures , I can finally rest in piece

DaliuXas
DaliuXas
71 posts
Scribe

Me again , to avoid making a new topic I will ask it now.I was thinking.Can I and my friend make a flash game with same program?Like we both have Flash CS4 and let's say I do the drawing, send him the files and he does the ActionScript for me?Then after he is done he re-sends me those files back and I keep making art and stuff like that.Or even better how does a programmer and artist make a flash game?This would be awesome if you could answer me.

P.S. My grammar isn't the best.

Showing 1-7 of 7