ForumsArt, Music, and Writingpiano- composing, need yo help!

3 2774
Janine2009
Janine2009
10 posts
Nomad

Hello !

I am looking for a freeware download to compose some new stuff for piano playin.
I got them melodies in my head but can't read any notes. so it should be very easy, like clicking on the screen with the mouse or so. Does anyone know a good link??

• 3 Replies
Lige
Lige
1,568 posts
Nomad

I think you can do that with garage band, but I'm not sure if you can get that for free or not.

ubertuna
ubertuna
2,120 posts
Shepherd

Well, you don't need to be able to read notes in order to compose. Hell, I can't read sheet music. If you can play piano, and you have access to a piano, then your best bet would be to get ahold of a mic. Drawing the noes out on a screen is trickier than it sounds, especially if you can't read sheet music. I'm not aware of any free recording programs that let you create notes though. Your best bet (if you have access to a piano) is audacity. It's free and it records using your computer's internal mic.

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Try this site.

The program called Lime works very well, and that is what I use. You get a 100 use trial...but when that ends you just either reinstall or download it again.

It is a little trick to use...but the concept is simple.

Tell me what you think...

KingRyan

Showing 1-3 of 3