Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Driving age

Thread Locked

Posted Mar 10, '08 at 3:59pm

Spartan

Spartan

2,866 posts

i think the age to frive should be 20 and above,i think it should because you are more mature by then and responsible. what age does everyone else think it should be

Posted Mar 10, '08 at 4:10pm

DecadentDragon

DecadentDragon

257 posts

I remember 20.  I don't remember being particularly responsible at that age.  Drinking and partying were the norm at that age.

16 for driving is fine, and that's from someone with 10 years of Rescue experience.  I don't recall cutting that many teens out of vehicles.

Posted Mar 10, '08 at 4:52pm

Echo775

Echo775

40 posts

I don't really think the age limit should change, I was think more along the lines of a risk assessment / screening program to determine if the individual is responsible enough to drive, no matter what age they are ( well 16+ ). it takes a while to recieve a drivers license anyway, they could probably do some background checks while its being made and deny the request if the person has had previous issues with the law ( other than minor offenses ), then have them get a waiver if possible.

i say that because we don't have that here where i live. they might where you do though.

Posted Mar 10, '08 at 5:54pm

Devoidless

Devoidless

3,553 posts

The driving age is fine. A lot of the time kids learn to drive when they are younger, and may not even get a car until a year after they get a license. Before then, there is just a lot of driving with mom and pop.

With so many silly age related laws, driving is actually the one I am least concerned about.

Posted Mar 10, '08 at 6:07pm

WallyOhio

WallyOhio

164 posts

i don't care...been driving for 18 yrs...my license is old enough to drive! and fight in the army...lol

Posted Mar 10, '08 at 6:35pm

Carlie

Carlie

6,915 posts

Knight

I think that the driving age is fine. The DRINKING age on the other hand, I think is ridiculous. Apparently it is OK for us to die for our country, but not to have a beer with dinner.

Posted Mar 10, '08 at 6:40pm

Devoidless

Devoidless

3,553 posts

Thank you! I love you for remembering to say that. It slipped my mind.

But yes. That really does not make any sense. Not only that, but 18 is also the age where people can vote. So apparently we can chose the next person who leads us and go fight and die...but not drink.

Right. Something seem odd about that?

Posted Mar 10, '08 at 7:09pm

Grantius

Grantius

47 posts

I like it where it is.  I'd be sad if I couldn't drive.

Posted Mar 11, '08 at 2:33am

Carlie

Carlie

6,915 posts

Knight

Ahhh Devoidless, your true feelings emerge!

Haha ;-P

Posted Mar 11, '08 at 7:00am

samalam59

samalam59

7 posts

Good driving, in my opinion, has a lot more to do with experience than age. You're gonna be a bad driver when you start out, no matter how old you are. Make the driving age 20 and I think we will see a whole lot more bad 20-year-old drivers than ever before.