Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Driving age

Thread Locked

Posted Mar 11, '08 at 10:59am

DecadentDragon

DecadentDragon

257 posts

WallyOhio, my license is old enough to have fathered your license, if it started procreating at 13.

Posted Mar 11, '08 at 4:17pm

Asherlee

Asherlee

5,189 posts

Knight

I read somewhere there is a biological reason for the drinking age to be 21. Something about the development of the brain. Problem is most of the world has lower drinking ages.

Posted Mar 11, '08 at 6:12pm

chiliad_nodi

chiliad_nodi

648 posts

Actually, until 25 your brain is still developing, but by 21 it is almost developed. The drinking age should be 25, but people just said "what the heck, lets make it 21." I really think you should be only 14 when you take driving lessons. Then by 16 you are a decent driver. Then again, this is only for responsible people.

Posted Mar 11, '08 at 6:20pm

Asherlee

Asherlee

5,189 posts

Knight

Okay, glad you had more insight Chili. I knew I had read that somewhere. (maybe it was that brain science class I took..haha).

But I'm up and down on the driving age. I remember I started driving at 15 and until I was about 20 I was driving like a bat out of hell. I mean I went fast EVERYWHERE! This doesn't mean everyone would do the same. Nor do I know that it is just what new drivers do, regardless of age. So I'm not sure what I think.

Posted Mar 11, '08 at 8:43pm

Carlie

Carlie

6,915 posts

Knight

Haha, sounds like me too Asherlee! I still go fast when I am on the freeway in the middle of nowhere, but I make sure to keep it safe otherwise. But I used to like driving fast a lot.

Posted Mar 11, '08 at 8:51pm

Asherlee

Asherlee

5,189 posts

Knight

Yea, I don't know what it is, but then one day I just slowed down. It was strange.

Posted Mar 11, '08 at 9:21pm

firetail_madness

firetail_madness

19,843 posts

Teenagers who drive cars always seem to speed a lot, no offense

Posted Mar 12, '08 at 1:53pm

Devoidless

Devoidless

3,553 posts

When I first started driving, I was actually overall doing well. But I tell you what...it is really hard trying to maintain the right speed with military issue steel-toed combat boots. It makes the whole experience loads of fun. I remember the odd looks I would get from my driving instructor when I would take my boots off before driving.

But in general, yeah. I suppose most do. Because they are stupid. And reckless. And like showing off to people. Although they do not like wrapping their cars around trees at 90 mph.

Posted Mar 12, '08 at 5:44pm

chiliad_nodi

chiliad_nodi

648 posts

I am just throwing this out there, but what if there is the regulation of age so that the older people don't hurt the younger ones when they are too young. Propably not, but think about it.

Posted Mar 12, '08 at 7:42pm

Asherlee

Asherlee

5,189 posts

Knight

I don't understand what you mean.