ForumsSupport ForumMy suggestion...

11 2190
imthebest
imthebest
1,690 posts
Nomad

how about if sombody posts a sentence that is less than 5 words they get only 1 Armor point but if they post more than 5 words they get 2 what do you think about this

• 11 Replies
Gamer2127
Gamer2127
17 posts
Nomad

It's not hard to post more than five words. Plus, more words != better post.

imthebest
imthebest
1,690 posts
Nomad

yah but people post things like ok,nice,cool and this will lower that spam and maby more than 7 words not 5

plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

Sure, Sure, Sure, Sure, Sure, Sure, Sure, Sure, Sure, Sure, Sure, Sure, Sure, Sure, Sure, Sure, Sure, Sure, Sure, Sure, Sure, Sure, Sure, Sure, Sure, I agree.

^
l
l
I would have gotten 2 points unfairly instead of one.

Gamer2127
Gamer2127
17 posts
Nomad

Even still, seven words is not a lot. If someone really wanted 2 AP, then they would just say "ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok" instead of "ok".

I just don't think getting more AP based on word count is a good idea.

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

True that, and I'm surprised you know a bit of java, Gamer2127.

Not like this is a horrible idea or anything, in fact, it might be better if we sort of
stretch it out a bit.

Let's say... if the reply is greater than two sentences, for greater input of opinion and for a nice bit of constructive criticism, then the user gets a full 2 AP. If not, and the post is a measly 3-7 words, then he/she only gets 1.

How do we figure this out? The length of the post. A line of text needs a new one about...........Here.
If the post exceeds one line, then the post is A.OK, and they get the full amount of 2 AP. If not, then they only get one AP. Does this sound like a more efficient look?

TheSid
TheSid
332 posts
Nomad

It's not such a good idea.

Ah! 2 AP for me!

Sssssnnaakke
Sssssnnaakke
1,036 posts
Scribe

Ok, first of all there is always a downside to things. Fine maybe somebody would go Sure, Sure, Sure, Sure, Sure, Sure, Sure, Sure, Sure, Sure, Sure, Sure, Sure, Sure, Sure, Sure, Sure, Sure, Sure, Sure, Sure, Sure, Sure, Sure, Sure, I agree. but sometimes they are already doing that right now. I think this is a good idea. But there will always be spammers.

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

Anyone figure out that's why we have the flag button? The post has to be a full line of text, not what TheSid pointed out. All he did was hit the return button twice. IF spammers are ignorant enough to do that, sure, it will be more noticeagble than my spelling error. All users have to do is flag the dang comment, and everything's good as gold. Sadly though, most just never see that it's there.

jonnypants23
jonnypants23
1,353 posts
Farmer

It's not hard to post more than five words. Plus, more words != better post.

Your right,but it would certinly cut down on spam no?
Sssssnnaakke
Sssssnnaakke
1,036 posts
Scribe

It would be cutting down more on that kind of spam.
But people would still spam in three word sentences.

Ragingmelon
Ragingmelon
69 posts
Nomad

I like the idea, but as people has pointed out, there is a way to bypass it, as usual. I guess posting comments should stay the way it is right now.

Showing 1-11 of 11