ForumsProgramming ForumAchievements?

8 2681
markrjg
markrjg
11 posts
Nomad

Im trying to create achievements for an upcoming game im making and i dont know how to make achievements.
Any sugestions?

• 8 Replies
PsychoIncarnate
PsychoIncarnate
1,037 posts
Nomad

Do you want help trying to figure out how something unlocks an achievement or an idea for an achievement?

markrjg
markrjg
11 posts
Nomad

[quote]Do you want help trying to figure out how something unlocks an achievement or an idea for an achievement?

how something unlocks the achievment

PsychoIncarnate
PsychoIncarnate
1,037 posts
Nomad

Well, I don't know a whole lot about flash,

but couldn't you do something as simple as making a requirement and having a picture appear (The achievement's picture) when said requirement is met?

If this happens, do this? That whole thing?

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

Well, PsychoIncarnate, I was thinking of this. And I don't know if you already thought of this, but I'll just go ahead and say it. And this is in Java, so...
{

if (PlayerScore => ####) //# equals an integer

System.out.println (" You earned:" + AchievementName + ". Congratulations!" // This is an achievement that deals with the player's score. When he/she exceeds it, then the achievement is awarded.

}

A simple-enough "if" trigger. You can go ahead and do all the image imports and everything, but
I started it for you. Hope this helps you ; I'm sort of a new guy when it comes to Java anyways :P

dank
dank
986 posts
Peasant

fixed:

if(PlayerScore >= x){
System.out.println(" You earned:" + AchievementName + ". Congratulations!"
}

Achievements are extremely easy compared to actual gameplay programming. If you don't know how to make them, then you need to do some more learning before you try anything serious.

public var achievement:Achievement = new Achievement(name:String, description:String, exp:Number, unlocked:Boolean);

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

Oh, so the > sign goes first? Makes sense....

Yeah, compared to actual game making, basic loops and triggers, followed by line strings are nothing to actually implementing more difficult parts of java, such as movement, collision, indestructibles, and so forth.

dank
dank
986 posts
Peasant

Collisions and movement aren't all that hard, it's the rendering that's difficult.

markrjg
markrjg
11 posts
Nomad

i usualy work on actionscript not javascript

Showing 1-8 of 8