ForumsSupport ForumA poll button?

8 1879
ledmonds
ledmonds
382 posts
Nomad

I think that to stop spamming on the site we should have a new thing were it says
NEW TOPIC NEW POLL
I think this would be cool as you would only have to press the agree button or the disagree button this would stop all the I agree spam IMO.
If this has already been suggested before lock please.

• 8 Replies
random_player_of_ag
random_player_of_ag
2,636 posts
Nomad

I think that to stop spamming on the site we should have a new thing were it says
NEW TOPIC NEW POLL
I think this would be cool as you would only have to press the agree button or the disagree button this would stop all the I agree spam IMO.
If this has already been suggested before lock please.

It's a good idea but I think people would continue spaming with agree and disagree.

Spammers write that just to show to other people that they also have an argument.(I think)
But the most important part to them is winning the point(s).

So good idea but I think spammers would continue spamming with agree and disagree.
I think...

Bye.

Good suggestion btw!

=)
ledmonds
ledmonds
382 posts
Nomad

Thanks I just wanted some real reasons as I have seen this on other sites and thought it looked like a way to stop spamming but I can see your point.

random_player_of_ag
random_player_of_ag
2,636 posts
Nomad

Your welcome.

Keep in mind that your suggestions was good.

But I'm not sure if people would use it.

I would.

=)

ulimitedpower
ulimitedpower
1,739 posts
Nomad

The poll idea was mentioned before, and I personally wanted it too! Polls could really sort out things like what new feature should there be on Armorgames or which game would you like to see next.

The problem is I have a slight feeling that some people will find a way to abuse it. Trust me, it's human. My idea is that only mods are allowed to make polls, or that each user can only make one poll day. Another option could be that polls must first be authorized my a moderator.

platinumfork
platinumfork
77 posts
Nomad

I think polls would be good, even thou they would be spammin up the forums, they would be taking the place of random forum posts to answer one opinion.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

This idea has been mentioned before. I'm not sure if it was turned down or not, but I think it's a fairly good idea. It would definitely lessen down those something verses something threads that always appear everywhere. Plus, I think it would be quite unique. Maybe there could just be a poll, no replies needed.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

Oh, by the way, you realize that this suggestion is in the common suggestions list in the stickied thread, right?

Forums
1. Post editing
2. Emoticons -- For example, would turn into an actually smiley face.
3. Less Stickies
4. Sports Forum
5. Newbie Forum
6. Signatures
7. AP for posts in your topic
8. Bulletin Board to post announcements
9. Community search
10. Funny forum
11. Forum Reputation system
12. Spelling/Grammar check
13. Polls
14. Thread Subscriptions
15. Hot Topics -- popular topics marked differently
16. Who is viewing what forum
17. Post preview
18. Forum Merits
Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

Indeed it is.

And as said, polls encourage people to spam. Seen it happen....well...everywhere. XD

Showing 1-8 of 8