ForumsArt, Music, and Writingseeking artistic collaboration

3 2047
MadBoat
MadBoat
11 posts
Nomad

My thread in programming help might benefit from the denizens of this forum as well.

[url=http://armorgames.com/community/thread/2749873/seeking-artistic-collaboration]

• 3 Replies
Esuna2400
Esuna2400
625 posts
Nomad

um... why did you post this in three subforums??
btw heres ur link
Linky

MadBoat
MadBoat
11 posts
Nomad

fair question. once to figure out where I should post it, and twice more because I felt both this forum and the programming help forum would be interested. Sorry. I'm used to luxuries like "delete thread" and "edit" buttons, or I'd have only posted 2, with a working link.

Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

>_> *locks the first thread*
*ignores the thread in programming help*

Alright, you need artwork. *goes to read the other thread*

Yes. That's probably a bit more than I would even consider taking time to atm, but I wish you best of luck in finding someone who have the time and skills.

Oh, and posting what you wrote:

There isn't any obvious forum for recruiting people for collaborations on AG, so if this isn't the right place for this sort of request I hope someone will point me in the right direction (sorry for being so newbish).

I could use the help of an artist for a board game-turned-flash game I'm writing. This being my first flash project ever (I'm new to Actionscript, but I have plenty of experience coding in C++), I'm trying to keep it relatively simple, particularly in areas I cannot finish myself. So, the artistic demands of this game are pretty low (at least I think so); I'd need 30 or so small stills (like 75Ã-75 pixels), a couple pieces of background art, some smiley sized icons... maybe a few other things will surface as I continue coding.

I'm about 30% finished with coding functional aspects of the game, but I cannot continue without figuring out what style the game will use (for which, of course, I need an artist for relevant visuals). One of several possible themes could fit what I've coded so far; shape-shifting warriors, wizards, alchemists, or giant robots come to mind. You're also welcome to suggest your own theme, if you're particularly talented or have some unused work in some theme.

The game is a bit like M:TG; you square off against one or more human- or computer-controlled opponents, build up resources to use increasingly more powerful abilities, and beat on each other until somebody runs out of life. Rather than use cards, though, my game lets you pick from a pre-defined list of powers so long as you have the necessary resources for the ability (there are about 30, although I might make fewer available initially to ease up on the learning curve).

So if you want your name on a project with a lot of artistic freedom and relatively modest demands on your time, hit me up, and we can discuss a stylistic direction.

Yes.
Showing 1-3 of 3