ForumsWEPRNew sins! Weeee!

26 5418
Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

First, a quick run down.

There are now a few new sins! Great. Because, you know, Catholics needed more. Oh, and did I mention the sins are actual one issues from the Vatican? Mhhm. Not just some crazy southern baptist making ones up.

Whole story is here(providing the link works):
http://www.cnn.com/2008/LIVING/wayoflife/03/10/vatican.updates.sins.ap/index.html?iref=hpmostpop

If not, just check it out on cnn.com

Read it and tell me what you think, I am interested and want to discuss.

• 26 Replies
Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

Oh yea, I saw an article on that as well!

Personally, I think the environmental one is fantastic. Maybe people will start to take that into consideration.

WallyOhio
WallyOhio
146 posts
Nomad

NOWWW they want pedophilia to be a sin...

Grantius
Grantius
45 posts
Nomad

Yes! New sins! I can't wait to try them out!

Heh... I really think that right and wrong is something that can't be defined by a council like that. If it's right it's right, and if it's wrong, it's wrong. That being said, the Vatican cracks me up.

DecadentDragon
DecadentDragon
242 posts
Nomad

Control the masses!

Hello Religion.

Moegreche
Moegreche
3,829 posts
Duke

Religion and morality have been manufactured for thousands of years. I'm glad that people are finally getting to see this in action.

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

Although it is nice that they added some new sins that are relevent to out current time and needs...some of them are crazy.

Drugs? Come on now. Granted, they may be bad. But a sin? The article did not really go into depth, but I assume it means for all things related to illegal drugs. Great job screwing over almost all of the population. Besides, without drugs we would never have such great things like Technoviking. It would be a sad, sad world.

Genetic manipulation? So something that could potentially be used to cure diseases, make healtier people, etc. is now a sin. Great. Who needs a cure for cancer or other diseases anyways?

And being crazy rich. I can kind of understand this...but come on. Now people that gave us what many consider things needed on a daily basis are sinners.

sumi66
sumi66
11 posts
Nomad

Genetic manipulations? Crap, i was goign to study that. I had some things worked out too. Oh well. If this is the law, it must be followed.

Quote: By, devoidless
Although it is nice that they added some new sins that are relevent to out current time and needs...some of them are crazy.
Drugs? Come on now. Granted, they may be bad. But a sin? The article did not really go into depth, but I assume it means for all things related to illegal drugs. Great job screwing over almost all of the population. Besides, without drugs we would never have such great things like Technoviking. It would be a sad, sad world

Reply: By Sumi66

Oh it's go time! Drugs are illegal. Final. Don't fight it, drugs destroy your mind, making you a retarded vegtable. However, this was already a sin, something called, destroying the body god gave you. And seriously, technoviking? Are you serious? You use this as a point? That dude is a lonely, lonely man who thinks he is cool. Oviously no one likes him. Some one should shoot him. (Shooting him is not a sin, it's (or should be) divine intevention. He is a retard, either kill him or put him in jail.)

Quote: By Devoidless

Genetic manipulation? So something that could potentially be used to cure diseases, make healtier people, etc. is now a sin. Great. Who needs a cure for cancer or other diseases anyways?

Now, I can kind of see your point. But, nothing has been proven with gentic manipulation. I guess what there trying to say is: The body God gave you should not be changed, it's sacred.
The only reason that there is sickness is because first man screawed up and created original sin.

Quote: By Devoidless (haha sorry i'm picking on you)

And being crazy rich. I can kind of understand this...but come on. Now people that gave us what many consider things needed on a daily basis are sinners.

Yah, you've lost us. You're off topic. There not saying being rich is a sin but they are saying being rich and not doing any positive acts to the community is a sin. Based on the rule that, you should always help others!

Quote: By Grantius (I swear this is the last one)

Yes! New sins! I can't wait to try them out!
Heh... I really think that right and wrong is something that can't be defined by a council like that. If it's right it's right, and if it's wrong, it's wrong. That being said, the Vatican cracks me up.

Reply: By Sumi66 (again)

WTH! You can't pick and chose what laws you follow! Are you insane? Holy crap, someone just lock this this fool in jail! Follow the law or you could be getting gay-raped by a man named "Mom" in jail.
Laws are for following.

sumi66
sumi66
11 posts
Nomad

Didn't see those as something that would be bleeped. Sorry.

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

If I wanted to be spoken down to by an ill-informed child with no sense of humour, I might of as well gone into town and found the village idiot. Oh, and sorry for picking on you.

Technoviking was a joke. Techno music, ectasy, dancing..get it? Haha. Besides, I love the technoviking.

Maybe if you want to get all picky and such, then no being rich is not a sin. But it is what they said in so many words. If I was rich through hard work and took me years to get there, screw the less rich people. I might throw some cash to my charity of choice now and again, but that is all. And I doubt that is all the Vatican wants people to do.

chiliad_nodi
chiliad_nodi
638 posts
Peasant

Well, while I always viewed polution as a sin, I never viewed genetic mutations. They will help us. I totally agree with deviodless.
Although on the illegal drugs, they ruin your mind, like you commited suicide and replaced your dead mind with a madman. Sounds like a sin to me.

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

What brain-washing school did you all go to? Just because a drug is illegal does not mean it kills you or others just like that.

Whole list of 7 more sins:
1. "Bioethical" violations such as birth control
2. "Morally dubious'' experiments such as stem cell research
3. Drug abuse
4. Polluting the environment
5. Contributing to widening divide between rich and poor
6. Excessive wealth
7. Creating poverty

It is mostly all nonesense! Anyone who thinks otherwise is in folly.

The first one was never a sin, just something they frowned upon. Great, now most every responsible teen is a sinner. Argue with that one, I dare you.

See? The sixth one is being rich. Now, there are some silly tie-in to the ones before and after it. But still.

Speaking of that, the last three are more or less the same. It is almost like they only had four more sins, but wanted to spread it into seven for old times sake.

Eshploded
Eshploded
469 posts
Nomad

Bill Gates: (in a retarded voice) Yeah. I came to confess cause I'm uh... hella rich.

Priest: You're a bad boy.

DecadentDragon
DecadentDragon
242 posts
Nomad

The Roman Catholic church is against birth control for one reason and one reason only. Most people who follow a sect are born into it, there are few converts. No birth control means more members.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

Maybe that prophecy about this being the last Pope is true. I believe the church just crossed some lines that went way way too far. It's made Christianity into a bigger joke in my eyes.

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

Mhmm. I feel the same way. As if it was not enough to just make people feel bad about themselves for doing many of those things, now they are all sins. It is almost like they want to control every aspect of every life. Which reminds me of some group...hmm. Who were they?

Oh, right. Nazis. Which is funny, because Joespeh Ratzinger was a Nazi Youth! Duh-duh-duuuuh!

Showing 1-15 of 26