ForumsSupport ForumAn Idea for the AG shop.

9 1758
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

You know us lurkers out there, constantly spewing our guts all over your TV screens. Well, I was playing my favorite game Combat Arms, and the newest update was a name color change. If the AG crew could set that up, and sell it, I'd buy it . It's mainly just something for the people who want to get noticed.

Also maybe even the text color change, like red or anything besides mod blue and Carlie green.

• 9 Replies
Agent_86
Agent_86
2,132 posts
Nomad

Eh, I dunno...

It would probably sell a lot...

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

well, I figured that it would produce more money for AG, which is always good, and there's nothing that could hurt AG with it either.

Ragingmelon
Ragingmelon
69 posts
Nomad

I never this kind of idea. It's pay to be noticed in my opinion.
If colored text for users would somehow be available, then everybody should have access to it.

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

If colored text for users would somehow be available, then everybody should have access to it.

I don't think that. You have to buy a megaphone in order to be better heard in the real world, why not have something of the same here?
Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

I play CA...
Whats your name?

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

well I see your argument here thoad,although the colors of the names is that of links so I don't know how that could work out,while still making it obvious that they link to your profiles,and also I get irritated by sites that sell things within a game with hyped up prices,since it tends to give some more wealthy users a small advantage.I can't say this gives an advantage in particular,but that is the case some times with these types of ideas.The main problem is the fact of how this would be implemented while the names are already set to a certain color for another reason.

Toadlord
Toadlord
497 posts
Shepherd

Though I dunno if I'd be willing to pay for this of anything but I cant see this being a bad idea.

Plus, the AG shop is a little lacking in merchandise. Anything to help to site out would be great.

Toadlord
Toadlord
497 posts
Shepherd

Gah, typo. Subtract that "though."

And I see crimsonblade's point but I think it would be more of a sign that you support AG than a sign that you want an advantage over other users.

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

I personally think that selling color schemes is a major rip off. Sure, it would make money for AG (maybe not a lot) but then you have a few people with golden or red names and the few people who did pay would likely pose as super members, mods, mod helpers, or something of the sort for a little while just to goof with people's minds. I would be tempted to do so.

If they don't pose as such, they will have a lot of "How did you change the color of your name?" comments. Which would be annoying to look at.

Now, the whole "how did you change the color of your name?" is done with. It is the norm on AG. There will still be a problem. Many users will look at these people who payed to change the colors of their names and think of them as show offs, bad taste, spoiled, stupid for paying money for a name change (as pointless as this app to a lesser extent), or all of the above at least to some small extent. Now, I understand that this would probaly cost maybe a dollar, that would not be so bad. People won't be all that judgemental, but it is still, however, a rip off. I don't suport ripping people off in such a way.

Showing 1-9 of 9