ForumsSupport ForumComments Closed!!!

7 1607
BVHdrummer
BVHdrummer
379 posts
Nomad

How come some people often alternate between enabling comments and disabling them? I was just wondering whats the point of disabling comments. Wouldn't you want people to comment on your profile? Plz tell.

• 7 Replies
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

Well, I receive lots of spam, and nowadays I don't feel like interacting too much and chatting with other users. It always happens now and then.

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

Well, firetail doesn't get the fact that you can play Mod in your messenger, but that's beside the point! If you're someone who has a lot of fame on AG, such as Firetail here, you will get a LOT of comments, mostly spam. Me, I got flaming, AND spam, because of my views on things. I do things better; I delete. That makes those pesky spammers realize that their little 3 word comments are fruitless.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

Yes, but you realize I do keep getting no life messages from multiple people.

Fritz_Rublehem
Fritz_Rublehem
1,076 posts
Nomad

I personally hate people who just out of the blue as my "What's up Fritz?" and they totally botch up the spelling, so I delete them, or go comments closed on them. It's quite handy I'd say

Fyrefox
Fyrefox
2,126 posts
Blacksmith

Comments closed is also a good way to work on getting your points up by rating games and forum postings. With out the thought of replying to every single person in your messenger and increasing your comments.

Healmeal
Healmeal
1,941 posts
Nomad

And when you're inactive you can close it so people won't talk to you while you're not there. People could spam your page while you were inactive or ask you somthing you might not ever read.

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

How come some people often alternate between enabling comments and disabling them? I was just wondering whats the point of disabling comments. Wouldn't you want people to comment on your profile? Plz tell.

Some people just close their comments when they aren't on the site, or are gone for a few days. And at times, some people just might not want to talk.
Showing 1-7 of 7