ForumsSupport Forumi think i found a way to stop scammers !!!

30 4821
the1andonly
the1andonly
115 posts
Nomad

well, ive quit this game for quite some time now, but ive just found out a way to stop scammers, it might not work, but... im just taking a chance.

here is what i think is A way to stop spamming.

1. talking doesnt count as any points, (bit like kongregates)
2. makes achievement's instead for each game.
3.only mods can give points to people (apart from the ones given from games)

4. if none of the above work, at least making people talk once every minute or so.

• 30 Replies
the1andonly
the1andonly
115 posts
Nomad

when i mean achievements, i mean... sonny... alot of people have played that.

completing the game counts as an achievement.
getting to a level counts as an achievements.

if you dont know what im on about, dont answer.

LordBob
LordBob
517 posts
Nomad

No, this would make AG a kongregate clone, and AG and kon are (not so) bitter rivals.

the1andonly
the1andonly
115 posts
Nomad

i suppose so, then make events then, no achievements, points dont count, make events everyday, i think that should cover it.

Flippin3500
Flippin3500
2,581 posts
Shepherd

Like LordBob has already stated, this would make us more like Kongregate. We want to be an individual site.

There's not a definite way to stop spam. the best thing to do is to report and ignore. Eventually, some will go away.

bjorndaking
bjorndaking
230 posts
Nomad

Truly agree to LordBob, we really like AG as it is now, but still good efforts tough. you will always keep them badly, no matter what, they are just like flies in a cowflie:P

Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

scammers and spammers are two separate things, scammers get you to buy something or get an object at an unfair deal due to someone's little knowledge to prices

spammers is posting w/o referring to the topic

KingCheetah
KingCheetah
270 posts
Nomad

LordBob is right we cant dp]
o

Healmeal
Healmeal
1,941 posts
Nomad

It's a nice try but if mods would need to give people AP for their posts, they would need alot more mods, and then there's that there will be mod abusers if they would take too much. Going by every post to see it's worth takes simply too long.

About the achievements, I think we kind of have this here with the squire, lord, king and everything.

Agent_86
Agent_86
2,132 posts
Nomad

Well, first of all, the mods would be overloaded, and secondly, we would be copying kong.

L337
L337
348 posts
Nomad

I usually go to Kong and advertise this site in the chatrooms and get banned.

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

1. talking doesnt count as any points, (bit like kongregates)
2. makes achievement's instead for each game.
3.only mods can give points to people (apart from the ones given from games)

so basically do everything kongregate does?
No.
the1andonly
the1andonly
115 posts
Nomad

rofl, omg... i cant spell for... =(

sorry for spelling the title wrong... it would be great if you could rename it like on KGG (KonGreGate)

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

*Sigh*

Talking, is hardly scamming.

as for the achivments, it has been brought a millon times, and the awnser is still no. They need to focus more on getting functions i nthe site.

As for the one minute thing, no. I get my AP solely from tlaking, and takeing it all away....well that wouldn't be right. The mods can give out AP allready via merits....I truely dont understand about half of that but...

BVHdrummer
BVHdrummer
379 posts
Nomad

Spammer and Scammers are two different things.

And the only thing I slightly agree with you is the achievements, because its kinda like xbox360......and I like xbox360

Gladitator
Gladitator
75 posts
Nomad

well, ive quit this game for quite some time now,

What game? If you haven't noticed this is a website.

And if Mods could only give out points think of the hard work they would have to do. There are about 190,000 users in this website and only like 10 or more Mods.
Showing 1-15 of 30