ForumsGamesHover

13 2760
mattmcook
mattmcook
7 posts
Nomad

Hey Armor Games,
(I'm not too sure whether this is in the right category but as its about a Flash Game i guess it is.)

I am in the process of creating a flash game called "Hover" and i need some comments as to whether i should continue work on it or scrap it.

You can preview the first two levels here:
http://www.matthew-cook.com/Hover.html

The idea is that the character hovers on the mouse so position the mouse underneath him and slowly move it up to make him move up. If you position it underneath him slightly to the left, then he will move right and vice versa. The faster you move it up, the faster he will move however be careful that your mouse stays underneath him otherwise he will fall. If he is falling from a large height, catch him by moving your mouse down with him to slow him down.

Please let me know whether you would play the game if it was completed or whether you think i should stop work on it.

[[Known Bugs]]
When you die and click "retry" the walls do not work properly so please for the moment just press "CTRL+ALT+ENTER" to reset the flash entirely rather than pressing "retry"
You may also get stuck in some walls still.

Thanks
Matt

• 13 Replies
runescape95
runescape95
46 posts
Nomad

i like the game

mattmcook
mattmcook
7 posts
Nomad

cheers

TheSpectre
TheSpectre
29 posts
Nomad

I like it very much, controls are near impossible, and i cant figure out the mechanics of how he moves yet
i suggest you put a couple hundred training levels before y'r lvl 1 =3
great job mate, keep it going, and hope i see it soon

mattmcook
mattmcook
7 posts
Nomad

hmm, i'll add a tutorial level explaining movement and throwing and catching him etc
the player techincally moves in the opposite direction of the mouse and the closer the mouse is to the character, the more force the charcter is repelled with which can give the appearance of him hovering on the mouse if it is positioned underneath him.

thanks for the feedback

zzzman201
zzzman201
78 posts
Nomad

Wow, it looks like it will be really good when it is done. Will there be any enemies? or just obsticals?

mattmcook
mattmcook
7 posts
Nomad

Thanks.

I'm not too sure what you'd define as the difference between an enemy and an obstacle so i'll just let you know of the things i've got lined up in at the moment

Laser Strips - Such as in the first level
Hover Mines - Explode on impact
Proximity Mines - Timed explosion when you go near
Lasers - on and off repeating ( le.g. level 2)

Thats what i have at the moment but its still very early stages.
If you have any ideas for enemies/obstacles then please let me know!

zzzman201
zzzman201
78 posts
Nomad

How about another hover boarder that you have to race to the finish line? ....That might be too complicated

mattmcook
mattmcook
7 posts
Nomad

ohhh yeh, that sounds interesting.
could be like a mini-game or something, i should probably perfect this code first before trying anything like that though!

zzzman201
zzzman201
78 posts
Nomad

what about an air current coming from the walls that push you towards the lazer strips. That way, in some of the later levels, it will be harder to control the hover man.

trayzrulz
trayzrulz
677 posts
Peasant

This game has lots of potential! Don't scrap it!

mattmcook
mattmcook
7 posts
Nomad

Thanks trayrulz, dont worry, i wont

zzzman201, i love that idea!
i'll definately try and find a way of putting that in.
thanks again guys (and gals)

zzzman201
zzzman201
78 posts
Nomad

your welcome and good luck

mattmcook
mattmcook
7 posts
Nomad

Updated version at [url=http://www.matthew-cook.com/Hover.html]

Tutorial now in-game - please let me know if its detailed enough
Walls should all work - please let me know if they dont

Please let me know of any other bugs and whether you like it.

Cheers people

Showing 1-13 of 13