ForumsGamesDefeating the Baron

6 2612
Slayer008
Slayer008
9 posts
Nomad

I thought some people might appreciate this, as I've seen a ton of threads on how to beat the Baron. Also, note that this only applies to the first time you fight him. After that, his stats vary on your level.

Defeating the Baron

HP: 48269
Focus: 100
Abilities:

-Dark Echoes: Deals shadow damage around 300-500. Also applies "Echoed Screams", dropping shadow defense by 25% and increases damage taken by 20% for 2 turns.
-Tick Tock: Deals shadow damage around 5-150. Also applied "Tick Tock", which is a 10 turn debuff that decreases hp 10% per turn, and lowers healing received by 50%.
-Deep Burning: Recovers all focus at the expense of its health-deals anywhere from 2000-3000 health per turn, for 3 turns. Note: The Baron still regenerates focus for 3 turns after this move.
-Electro Wave (?Made up name)eals lightning damage at around 500-1000 and increases focus by 20 per turn for 3 turns (Energized)->Note that he does not usually perform this move unless Roald hits him with a silenced attack. He'll still use this move once in a while though.
All abilities from now on only occur when the Baron is at half health or less.
-Holy Scars: Deals initial damage of around 150 to himself. Allows his damage intake to times by 10. When he uses this, ATTACK!!! It'll save you a bunch of time.
-Epiphany (?): Deals a status that allows the baron to deal 120% of his instinct per turn. (50-100 dmg per turn, 7 turns) Initial damage is low-around 100.
-Confined (?): Deals a status called "confined", reduces healing by 90% for 6 turns. However, the initial damage is low-around 100. This is the spell that makes it hard to defeat the Baron-especially if he casts it on you or Veradux. If he casts it on Roald, my advice is to just ignore it and set Veradux on offensive.
-Nightmare's Over (?): Deals an initial damage of around 700. However, also deals a status that heals you back for around 50 damage for 8 turns.

Strategy:

Taking out the Baron is actually pretty easy. Basically, you'll need a move that drains focus to stand a chance. For bio, that's Disrupt. For psychological, that's traumatize. For hydro, that's regulate. Make sure you have these, or you will be destroyed.

Basically, for the first half of his hp, keep destroying his focus. When he casts Deep Burning, try using a stun spell. Keep doing this until he gets to half hp. Then, start watching out for Holy Scars. When he casts it, set everyone to agressive and pull out your best damage dealing move. Make sure you heal when necessary and it shouldn't be a problem.

Drops:
-Unholy Runeblade: Sooooooo rare weapon, but surprisingly nice. Increases shadow piercing by +97 too.
-Usurper's Chest: Nice armor that should be used for damage dealing players. Doesn't increase instinct though.
-Holy Slippers: Same as above.
-Pretender's Leggings: Same as above.

Know that the baron is a complete ***hole with drops. I must have killed him like 30 times to accumulate this list. Also, he tends to drop the same item over and over again, making it pretty darn hard to get the entire set.

~Hope I helped!
Slayer007, Slayer008, Slayer009-> lvl 30 hydro, bio, psycho respectively.

• 6 Replies
alphachief
alphachief
126 posts
Nomad

no you don't HAVE to have regulate and that stuff because i don't think i even have that skill!

Manik668
Manik668
40 posts
Scribe

Another helpful tip is to beat it on a biological class first since it is the easiest of the three, just to see how the baron works (I had to for me to beat him on Psycho Hero)

Slayer008
Slayer008
9 posts
Nomad

Believe it or not, all classes are on equal footing. All of them have focus draining moves. Although hydro has an advantage in its focus draining move, bio has the damage advantage when we get to the holy scars part. I'm not too sure about psycho, but it's around the same deal. Hope I helped!

P.S.: I agree, you don't have to have a focus remover, but it sure makes the battle a hell of a lot easier as well as speeding it up.

daleksparta
daleksparta
1,648 posts
Nomad

Actually, Bio has the focus removing damage. 100 focus removed at level 2.

PsychoIncarnate
PsychoIncarnate
1,037 posts
Nomad

I always though Hydro's focus draining attack really sucked.

That's why I stuck with Flash Freeze/ Mind Freezing him instead of draining hist focus.

Jerryrpg
Jerryrpg
384 posts
Nomad

Don't forget.... This might be rare, or a glitch. The Baron can cast Echoed Screams and Tick Tock on himself. When he has half life. I almost died until he did that, he had deep burning at the same time so he killed himself. This has only happened once to me though.

Showing 1-6 of 6