ForumsForum GamesEliminated

92 15669
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

This is a new forum game created by an evil masterm -- well, he's just evil -- based on logic. There are X amount of players and X + 1 amount of objects. All of the players have been locked in the same room in a giant dungeon by the, uh, evil guy and secretly assigned one of the objects. Each player is supposed to guess what object was assigned to which person. However, each player is only given X - 1 guesses and furthermore, no one knows what they were assigned.

A player may only make one guess per round. At the end of each round the evil guy will post the results of the round. If a player guesses another player's object correctly, then that player (the one who had his objected guessed correctly by another player) is exe-- eliminated. Each round lasts up to a week. If a player has not made a guess before the end of the round, that player is eliminated. If all guess have been made before the end of a week's time, the round will be over and a new one begun. This continues until there is only one player left and that player is set free from the dungeon. If all of the rounds are completed but more than one player is left, everyone is eliminated. If everyone is eliminated, the evil guy wins.

All of the objects will be listed for all the players to see. Additionally, there will be X amount of clues, except that each clue is cut in half, leaving 2X half-clues that everyone can see. Players may work together.

For example, if there are 12 players, then there are 13 objects, 11 guesses each, 24 clue-halves, and up to 11 rounds.

Anyone interested?

• 92 Replies
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
5 posts
Nomad

SOUNDS FUN!

RubberyChicken
RubberyChicken
956 posts
Nomad

I can't actually wait for this to get started, if it ever gets started...

xMinato
xMinato
610 posts
Nomad

YES! 10 one to join! Im in! should we get started now?

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

So That's 11. I'll get it started on the weekend.

Participants:
slliM
Pedspog
d_dude
plokkey
RubberyChicken
destinydude
RugganBor
FallenSky
Destor
animorpherv1
xMinato

RubberyChicken
RubberyChicken
956 posts
Nomad

Perfect for me, as that's 3 day weekend for me

RugganBor
RugganBor
563 posts
Nomad

augh. i wont be here this weekend!

Pedspog
Pedspog
151 posts
Farmer

I'd assume that we would have a week to submit our guesses. Giving everyone a chance.

Better get them cookies ready too, Gantic. >
RubberyChicken
RubberyChicken
956 posts
Nomad

The question now is: what kind of cookie?

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

We'll wait. just don't make us wait too long or you auto-terminate.

The question now is: what kind of cookie?

I can't read the recipe but it says So_l__t __ee_.
RubberyChicken
RubberyChicken
956 posts
Nomad

I can't read the recipe but it says So_l__t __ee_.

Is this an example of the clues we might be given? I have no clue what cookie that would be...
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Is this an example of the clues we might be given? I have no clue what cookie that would be...

No. That would either be too easy or too complicated... unless I cut the clue halves even more making it 4X clues quarters. so you have to match 44 of them to the 22 correct halves to figure out 11 clues.

I think it says "Soylent Green" wafers. Hmm, not cookie.
RubberyChicken
RubberyChicken
956 posts
Nomad

But Soylent Green is people!! lol, and I had been thinking that it involved toffees...

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Alright, I guess we can start.

Welcome to the first round. I have each assigned you an object that corresponds to an animal used in an armatar:

ant
bear
beetle
caterpillar
cockroach
fox
mosquito
rabbit
snake
squirrel
wasp
wolf

Eliminate someone, and you may get to survive for another round, unless you get eliminated too. It's always unfortunate if you are the first to go, but it's not easy to eliminate someone in the first round.

11 people means 22 clue halves, but only 18 will be released. The other 4 will appear later. You may try to solve the clues to help you eliminate someone, or you could take a wild guess. Unfortunately, the clues are broken into two parts and are rather vague, but they do get easier to solve as people get eliminated.

(You may ignore this, but this is the part where a PM system would have made things a little more interesting. Each person would've gotten 2 clue halves. If they are the first to eliminate a certain person, they get that person's clue halves too. The more clue halves, the bigger the advantage.)

All insects
All insects
All mammals
Double letters
First letters
Four particpants
Mammalian carnivores
No mammalian herbivores
Only users with the letter "e"
are in use
belong to multisyllabic names
don't double up
don't have matching letters with their objects
double up
like to be around carnivores
like to be around mammals
should be with Caps
will have a carnivorous object

Rather vague, then start deducing! You may team up and work together, but there can only be one winner in the end. Oh, and did I mention there would be scoring too? Nah, I'm just kidding. Scoring would be useless. After all, if there's a tie, I win.

Round 0 Summary
Participants left: 11
Guesses left: 10
Rounds left: 10
Deadline: Friday, February 6, 2009

Destor
Destor
706 posts
Nomad

Question- How do the clues help? I can't see any reason knowing that, random example, something only has users with letter "e" would help, when I don't know which animal it is.

Unless those are incredibly hard hints.

destinydude
destinydude
2,052 posts
Nomad

so i just say an animal and hope an opponent haves it?

Showing 16-30 of 92