Forums

ForumsArt, Music, and Writing

Written Nothings

Posted Feb 25, '09 at 7:14pm

Gantic

Gantic

7,202 posts

Ring singularities are cool.

I'm iffy about adding two more lines to this, but the Fe3+ is there.

Moronic Elegance

--So this guy, right, he reads my thing on mutual synchrony and quantum entanglement?
--Pfft. Yeah. I can see where this is going.
--This other guy has a problem with his spectral photometer. It's a simple electrical problem, so I tell him what the problem is and where to fix it. The guy, the first one I told you about, he like goes on to say, 'Hey, maybe it's got something to do with mutual synchrony.'
--What the **** does that have to do with mutual synchrony?
--I know right?
--Did you put him in his place?
--Yeah. I told him the shut up about stuff he didn't know and you know what he says?
--Lemme guess...
--'Maybe it has something to do with this mutual synchrony I've been reading about.'

Posted Feb 26, '09 at 1:51am

Strop

Strop

10,823 posts

Alright, I'm quite sure I'm missing something there with the whole ferric ion and all that...what were the two lines? And where the heck did this come from?

And...you know you want to write something about narcoleptic dragons.

Posted Feb 26, '09 at 3:40am

Gantic

Gantic

7,202 posts

Ferric = Irony

Mutual synchrony is a sociology (or psychology) term, which would have been explained in the two lines I did not include. Synchrony is also obviously related to quantum entanglement, a physics term. (Segue to string theory!) But to put mutual synchrony and quantum entanglement together is ridiculous and perhaps deserves misappropriation.

Person A misuses Info A.
Person B goes off on Person A.
Person B recaps to Person C, revealing his own misuse of Info A and Info B.

I suppose it's obscure (Info A and Info B), but that's how it works sometimes, although the presentation could have been clearer. It's more a rant than anything (against pseudoscience and the arguments against the pseudoscience, especially when both sides are just as bad).

Nacopleptic dragons has got to be one of the more random themes, but I suppose you have an advantage given your medical background. All I have is nearly falling asleep in class, and you've written quite a monster, but we shall see.

Posted Feb 26, '09 at 3:45am

Strop

Strop

10,823 posts

Ah yes, I see now. I'm aware of synchrony in the social sense but since I know nearly nothing about quantum physics I thought quite possibly it was the name for some strange behavior with quarks in paired electrons or something or other like that. Since if one is measured as up at any one point in time then the measurement for the other would have been down or whatever it is you learn in high school...

I'm worried that people will think Ubertuna has finally gone off the deep end and refuse to participate, haha. Aside from advantages, it would take some real mental wrangling to work something intelligible out of that. Have you noticed the themes have become really obscure as of late?

Posted Feb 26, '09 at 3:57am

sense

sense

845 posts

I haven't come across your writings before?

I HAVE A N00B SCORE OF 9002!!!!!

Posted Feb 26, '09 at 5:52am

Strop

Strop

10,823 posts

plokkey would be most displeased!

Actually, plokkey might be glad to be rid of that ill-gotten crown.

Posted Feb 26, '09 at 9:41pm

Gantic

Gantic

7,202 posts

ploquie the Pointy Hair is not from plokkey that dude from Armor Games. (and Pointy Hair is not Paper Hat. Two different people just to point that out.)

n00b nodal analysis indicates that a score that is a reversal of the year is not an acceptable n00b score, as on that year a reversal of n00bness occurs. n00bness, not n00b score.

The only other writing I have here is ROaTNO which is flippant and semi-serious (like all of my writings that aren't tricky or sentimental). Other writings are somewhere in the Internet, but I doubt anyone will ever find it because they are in a more-or-less mutually exclusive location taking this site into account.

ubertuna has managed some of the more unpopular topics but I think that's more because they're a tough think and anyone who can seriously hammer out a poem deserves the win for both quick thinking and cobbling. Guess who's projected to win?

O RLY?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/blackcairn/AG/thebiggestn00b2.gif

Posted Feb 27, '09 at 12:02am

sense

sense

845 posts

LOL!!

I love them!

YEA RLY!

Posted Feb 28, '09 at 7:13pm

Gantic

Gantic

7,202 posts

I am not Peter Pan

Though many things have changed, these streets remain the same. The puddle still stands here for days after it rains, unnoticed by almost everyone save the relatively sane. The little ones make believe and what they believe they make as if the fun will last forever through unending days. Though many people change, these streets remain the same. Every year they come to watch the holiday parades. They walk the streets and crowd the shops for price-down-steeply sales buying things they'll never use though it may have its day. And though I may partake of this I'll always find it strange. Though many things have changed, I remain the same. The same old songs run through my head every time I wake. Everyday I brush my teeth and wash the same old face and head out the door not looking toward another boring day but even though the people change I never seem to act my age.

Posted Feb 28, '09 at 7:21pm

sense

sense

845 posts

Oh... So poetic....

*sits in silence, thinking about the world*

Reply to Written Nothings

You must be logged in to post a reply!