ForumsProgramming ForumNeed help ! how do you make a website?

9 2841
Brbrtwins
Brbrtwins
62 posts
Nomad

Need help ! how do you make a website?
Can anyone please tell me steps on how to make a website i would aprriciate it =)

• 9 Replies
Jack8black8
Jack8black8
115 posts
Nomad

theres this thing called free webs something, ask NOOBKiller or kingmike123 they made there own website using this free webs site.

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

http://freewebs.com
or try town square, they are failrly limited, but you can add forums, video uploading, and other things of that like. Most of them die out within the month mind you, and it can be a little confusing.
I recommend you buy a system called DreamWeaver from Adobe, it's easy to use and it costs 100$ or so for the latest model, or maybe that was athe one notch down...
btw, this would get better answers if it was in the programming section of the community.

Green12324
Green12324
4,097 posts
Peasant

wetpaint.com is good for making simple ones, if you wanted a more customizable website however you would probably have to buy your own domain.

dank
dank
983 posts
Peasant

Find a host
Find domain
Learn HTML and CSS
Upload

Google is your friend.

KhimaeraUK
KhimaeraUK
24 posts
Nomad

I started out with a little freewebs account, as suggested above, then moved on to getting my own host and domain!

Start small and improve.

anatolytt
anatolytt
64 posts
Peasant

First you need to know exactly what the website is for. Will it be your personal page or a corporate one for business?
Do not make corporate websites if you dont know how, it will do no good for the company.

If you want to really learn how to create websites, first learn HTML. It's pretty easy to grasp the basics. Then play around with it and learn the basics of CSS. Then maybe Javascript and PHP if you have some programming skills.

At that point you can decide what do you do the best. Then just master your skill in the desired direction.

Experience is 90% of success here. It took me about 4 years to get to the commercial level and about 6 years to gather a good team. Now i am the web developer, i earn my living running a small site-building company

There are tons of information in the Net, no real need to attend classes or something.

MikeReject95
MikeReject95
57 posts
Nomad

I recommend starting learning HTML that would be the fastest way to start one up.

kiwi_rady
kiwi_rady
2 posts
Nomad

If you need a free wysiwyg html editor you could use nvu.

Xrunner
Xrunner
443 posts
Nomad

freewebs is good and mike didnt make that site trojans did

Showing 1-9 of 9