ForumsSupport ForumDisect my Merit

7 1938
CatonaRock
CatonaRock
323 posts
Justiciar

This is a comment I left for "The Last Stand 2" hoping it would get a merit. However, it did not. So I offer it up here. I would love for the moderators or anyone else to tear it apart and let me know why I didn't get a merit. That way hopefully we'll all be able to improve our comments to make them more worthwhile.

This was a really great game, and I am glad you made this second installment.
As much as I do not like seeing dogs hurt, their inclusion really adds another dimension to the game. The dogs are faster than everyone else, which means you really have to watch out for them. There is also a spot near the bottom of the screen where your survivors can not hit the dogs, so you have to go take care of them yourself, which adds another thing you have to keep your eye on.
I am glad you have all the different weapons, and the ability to give them to your survivors is a nice improvement since the first game. Adding traps was a cool idea too, and I am glad there are three different kinds of traps that you can choose from. Waiting to decide when you should detonate your gas traps really adds another dimension to the game.
I also really like the idea of having to move around from city to city and search houses. Also, having multiple paths that lead to multiple cities is a great idea too. It leads you to replay the game, because you can choose different paths and try out new weapons.
I like the bow a lot, but my favorite weapon is the hunting riffle because it is a one hit KO, but it takes skill to hit them in the head.
There are two glitches I have found, both with moving around towns. One is that even though I had enough supplies to move on to the next town, the game would not let me. I had to stay in my present town searching houses until I found supplies, and then I could move on. If you have enough supplies to walk to a town, and then on the next turn leave the town, you should be allowed to without having to search for more excessive supplies first. This is when I was in Aspenwood trying to go to Jonestown.
The other small glitch is that one time I was once stuck in a town, had searched all the buildings, and did not have enough supplies to travel to the next town or back to the previous one. If you get into a situation like I did and run out of supplies to move to the next town, the game should give you some kind of game over message. Instead, it does not register that you are out of supplies and just keeps going even though you can not do anything.
As much as I enjoy finding the weapons in the military fort, Fort Tran, it seems a bit superfluous. You do not actually have to go to that town at all to complete the game. I guess I would have liked to have seen it integrated into the game play a little more.
Last thing. It would be nice if the Retry after you fail took you back to the search screen. That way, instead of just retrying the shooting part again, you could try searching different buildings. There have been several times where the reason I have lost is because I have not repaired my barriers enough.
I would love to see a mode added with no time limit. That way you could go through the entire country and acquire all the weapons, which would be cool. Maybe this mode could unlock after you complete the main game.
So our hero got off the mainland. I would still love to see a third installment though. Maybe he could go back to try and discover a cure for the zombie hoards? Thanks for making a great game!

• 7 Replies
ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

CatonaRock, if your review didn't get a merit, then maybe you should just wait a little more. It's not like it's going to be seen instantly. And posting a thread of the review isn't going to make things better. The staff dislikes it when users post their reviews on threads. =(

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

CatonaRock, no mods are crazy enough to tackle the popular games. Well, no current mods anyway. Maybe a former mod, but I wouldn't know for sure. I don't think it's been checked since well before I joined. (Found my first comment ever on page 88 out of 165.) That's ~80 pages of junk before and after me.

Perhaps try this thread?

Moegreche
Moegreche
3,829 posts
Duke

Seems like a very well done review and should be receiving a merit. Remember, there are over 1000 games on this site and only a handful of moderators. Big popular games like this, as Gantic mentioned, can get looked over a bit because of the huge amounts of comments on the games. But we usually will take a few hours and try to mull through a popular game or two.
So, to answer your question there is nothing at all wrong with your review. Just be patient

texcido
texcido
320 posts
Nomad

That was a great review/comment, indeed you should have a little bit more patience.

Fritz_Rublehem
Fritz_Rublehem
1,076 posts
Nomad

Great review by far mate, but there are only so many moderators searching games and looking for reviews that they feel are a cut above the rest.

Just be patient, and one day, you might get that merit you've been after.

CatonaRock
CatonaRock
323 posts
Justiciar

Cool. Thanks everyone! I don't want it to seem like I'm trying to rush. I'm in no hurry. It's been a few months since I've posted this, so I just figured by this point I wasn't getting a merit. By posting this message I honestly wasn't trying to get a merit. I honestly was trying to find out what I had done wrong. And it appears what I did wrong was not waiting enough, so I apologize. Thanks everyone for taking time to read this and respond!

Fritz_Rublehem
Fritz_Rublehem
1,076 posts
Nomad

It's a great comment still mate. Did you receive that merit that you wanted so desperately mate?

Showing 1-7 of 7