ForumsSupport ForumDrag and Drop

12 2597
globdog76
globdog76
589 posts
Nomad

i think with pictures we should be able to just drag and drop them and i also have a suggestion for points when we get to 10,000 AP we should get to make any picture a amatar

• 12 Replies
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

i think with pictures we should be able to just drag and drop them and i also have a suggestion for points when we get to 10,000 AP we should get to make any picture a amatar

I say nay. The armatar issue has been stated before, and I think it would be overall useless to make any picture an armatar, that would lead to harder ways to censor out spam, racism, sexism, and cussing. Plus, alot of armatars can be super offensive, and the armatars keep the community theme based. As for the picture Idea, I don't think it should be done, it doesn't take too much to put an img code on it, so that just seems lazy.
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Drag and Drop? You can already drag and drop picture links.

Or do you mean a WYSIWYG showing picture and text exactly as it appears? It might be a waste of resources for a forum.

Or direct javascript manipulation, which would a big no because it will open doors to unwanted possibilities?

globdog76
globdog76
589 posts
Nomad

You can already drag and drop picture links.

No you cant
Do you mean open you pic folder and drop straight into the forum

yes thats what i mean
Is that possible anywhere at all? IDK

of corse
sense
sense
1,036 posts
Nomad

This issue has been addressed, AG has one of the best avatar systoms I've encounted, and it would be a shame to change that.

globdog76
globdog76
589 posts
Nomad

of forget the avatrars what about the pictures

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

I don't know about this... I don't think many sites really do this. If anything, it is a feature normally of Macs through different applications. I don't know how this would be put into effect on a site.

Fyrefox
Fyrefox
2,126 posts
Blacksmith

Wow, this topic is full of questions...
I don't see how this would really benefit the site in any way. Sure it would show some individuality among users, but that is about all it would do.

globdog76
globdog76
589 posts
Nomad

I don't know about this... I don't think many sites really do this. If anything, it is a feature normally of Macs through different applications. I don't know how this would be put into effect on a site.

It would just be easier
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

It would just be easier

it really isn't all that hard to save and re-upload something.
globdog76
globdog76
589 posts
Nomad

meh you kinda have a point but it still would please lazy people

Fritz_Rublehem
Fritz_Rublehem
1,076 posts
Nomad

It's kind of like that globdog76, you just copy and paste your image code that you'd like us to view.

I don't think it would go over too well to make our own armatar after 10,000 AP, there would be some innappropriate pictures.

russianfreak
russianfreak
1,843 posts
Farmer

i don't see this being usefull sorry.

Showing 1-12 of 12