ForumsArt, Music, and WritingUgh... Violence

17 3411
SubZero950813
SubZero950813
10 posts
Nomad

When you're young, you go to school,
And there you learn violence isn't cool.
But then they ship you off and give you a gun,
And suddenly now, violence is FUN!
Until your friends start to die,
And you say your goodbyes,
and there's blood all around,
And your friends on the ground,
And then you get shot,
And that's not so hot.
Medics pull you off the field,
They take you to be healed,
And you're happy you survived,
And Thank GOD you're alive!
But as you get older and older,
You're crushed by a boulder,
You're feeling the pain,
You're going insane!
And you wake in a sweat,
And it's screwed up your head,
And you look in your eyes,
And scream, "Why can't I DIE!!!"

And then wake up and find out you're a dad,
And your kids go to school and learn that violence is bad.

• 17 Replies
Fritz_Rublehem
Fritz_Rublehem
1,076 posts
Nomad

This seems like it's directed at the ex-militia leader in the Dominican of the Republic of Congo, who forced children under the age of 15 into his army.

LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
2,283 posts
Jester

Errm? Good poem, but what? Are you against some war in the middle east? Ect ect....

Mind explaining this a bit better?

Fritz_Rublehem
Fritz_Rublehem
1,076 posts
Nomad

Yeah, I agree with Gansta Blaze, there's no question for us to ponder, or even consider.

It'd be quite nice if you would elaborate on your poem mate.

LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
2,283 posts
Jester

It'd be quite nice if you would elaborate on your poem mate.

I know, but I guesse I'll do us all a favor and atlest start a question/conversation.

So I'm assuming that this was about violence and the fact that it messes up people?

Anyway, what are your thoughts about this poem, or what it is meant as? I mean do you belive that violence is something that can't be stopped but is always assumed it can be prevented?

I don't know, just state something here...
Pixie214
Pixie214
5,838 posts
Peasant

Nice poem, but likes Fritz and Gangsta Blaze say can we have some kind of elaboration on it, something to discuss perhaps besides the niceties of the poem of course.

SubZero950813
SubZero950813
10 posts
Nomad

Okay. It's pretty much saying that we shouldn't have war. Happy now?

LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
2,283 posts
Jester

Okay. It's pretty much saying that we shouldn't have war. Happy now?

Alrigh, atlest we are going somewhere.

But dude, think of it like this. Without war, many things today that prospect for our lives is beacuse of Wars in the past. for example beacuse of World War 2, we now have the UN (United Nations) War is bad, but it is also something that can help us in the near future. Sometimes there is no choice but to fight left.
MarkedTarget6
MarkedTarget6
1,699 posts
Peasant

Since there is no direct question I would suggest just talking about what you think about violence and war...

For war: War is what happened in the past due to conflicts...
Because humans are imperfect they think badly against others for a false reason... Sometimes it is for a good reason... When two countries get into war, (or more) then ships and aircrafts are the way to settle it... Never the good way most people think but when lives are on the line (meaning the countries people), we must protect the country rather than opening it up to major attack...(take 9/11 for example) Having war is basically just two countries defending itself from the other from the conflict that started it all... Kinda weird... almost like 2 kids getting mad at each other for stealing the other's lolipop and fighting about it...

Violence: Violence is different than war in many ways... War doesn't include fist fights (normally) and violence doesn't include bombs (normally)... Roughing up with your father wouldn't be called violence yet it is like a gentle fight... Hitting another kid at school is another story... I'm not saying that hitting the other kid is bad but I'm saying that hitting the kid for selfish reason's is bad... When you want some kid's dollar what are you gonna do? punch him for it? walk away? or ask him for a dollar? The best thing would walk away... he doesn't deserve to get him or getting asked to give away money that he earned or is his parents... very often fighting occurs between two kids for revenge... when one is picked on the one doing the picking is likely to get hit... When guns are in play I wouldn't call it violence but a murderous condition... having the ability to kill a person isn't violence but murder... So, fighting normally can't resolve anything but to confirm someone's fear or strength or even importance...

Pixie214
Pixie214
5,838 posts
Peasant

If you think of how many inventions have come as a direct consequence of war; especially medical ones. Alot of surgeries were established as a direct result of the demands on surgeons in the battlefields and trenches in modern wars. They had to develop ways to stop bleeding very quickly. Previously it had been a slow process with an emphasis on cooling the body.

zachattacksox
zachattacksox
279 posts
Nomad

Great poem love the moral of it

Somers
Somers
1,532 posts
Nomad

made me laugh...not every thread has a purpose

samy
samy
4,874 posts
Nomad

Without violence...we couldn't exist, because theres always someone out there who throws the first punch you either fight back or get the crap beat out of you i chose the former.

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

Without violence...we couldn't exist, because theres always someone out there who throws the first punch you either fight back or get the crap beat out of you i chose the former.

Congrats dude, you debunked you're own logic.

Without violence, no one could throw the first punch XD
samy
samy
4,874 posts
Nomad

Without violence, no one could throw the first punch

Well you know what i meant...
crazjayz
crazjayz
243 posts
Nomad

Without violence there would be no such thing as survival of the fittest.

Showing 1-15 of 17