ForumsSupport ForumEdit Button

7 1632
LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
2,283 posts
Jester

I know I am not the only one. I remember this being brought up awhile back, but nothing after that. I mean it would save a post or two, from having users double post trying to fix their posts.

Sure I can use firefox, but I'm more of the Internet kind of guy. And besides my FireFox is not as up to date as some of yours. I still need to install plugins!

Anyway can we have an Edit option, for our posts, that way we can edit them, without having to post again for a few fix's.

• 7 Replies
ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

If it's in here, it's not to be brought up again ; it's on the list.
We are trying to ween the users from bringing up the same topic over and over again, and I think it's a great idea (either that, or a preview button), but we can't have it being brought up twice a week.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

We haven't put this option up because it's possible that spammers may misuse this function for getting away with spam, whiles them typing in spam, then changing it when mods are around, etc.

It also brings the problem of someone changing the tide of the current converse and making the next person's post sound like an complete idiot, and mods may never know.

LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
2,283 posts
Jester

^^Whoopse, no wounder no one brought it back up....Sorry about that. Anyway MOD lock this thread.

(Off to read more rules/ect before posting again...)

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

Shintetsu explained why it was not brought back up, and gave the reason why it was not implemented.

View all the stickies, pal

LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
2,283 posts
Jester

View all the stickies, pal

Not much for veiwing stickies. Oh and the "^^^" was for Shintetsu, but I guesse you posted before me.
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

I know, I was just referring to that.
Well, should view stickies. They are put up there so people can see 'em. They're important, dude.

Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

And after having something mean (directed at me) edited out of someone's post on another forum right after I'd read it (meaning I couldn't quote it), I'm having very mixed feelings about edit buttons...

Showing 1-7 of 7