ForumsSupport ForumForum Posts vs. Comments

17 4514
Guns_N_Roses
Guns_N_Roses
93 posts
Nomad

I don't know about you, but I think that forum posts should be worth more points than comments. That that much more, maybe just swap them and make forum posts 2 points and comments 1 point. I think they should do that because being active in the community is a lot more point deserving than commenting games in my opinion. Just because it's more like your a part of armor games if you forum post. Unlike comments where people just bag on games. Also, I think merits should be given out to forum post either instead or in addition to comments. I mean, most merit deserving comments are in the forums! Not in comments.

Discuss please.

Oh and I know the "merit for posts" thing is discussed and people like to discuss it, but also talk about my new idea about forum posts being worth more than comments.

• 17 Replies
dank
dank
986 posts
Peasant

There has to be thousands more useful posts in the forums than in the comments. And there are probably tens-of-thousands of comments more than forums posts.

I could go around to all 35,000 or so profiles and say "hi" and about 30,000 plus of those comments will ever be seen. If I posted 20 forum posts, I would be contributing just as much, if not more, than I would with the comments. However, I would only have a very, very, small fraction of the points I would have earned with the comments.

Forums posts could be worth ten armorpoints and still not be worth their true value. However, all the comments spam would quickly move in to the forums. So until they do something about post length, there is still going to be spam.

royandgrand
royandgrand
188 posts
Shepherd

i think they should either switch the comments with fourm posts or make fourm posts 2 points mamby even 3 anyways i dont think posting in the fourms is wourth the points i post in the fourms to help other people and such and to help one of my favouret flash mini game website armorgames.

nick_coolhaha
nick_coolhaha
1,197 posts
Herald

Yeah, Dank is completely right. All the spam would just pile up in the forums. Also about allowing merits on forum post isn't the brightest idea because I remember Carlie saying something about, that if you do that then like everybody in the World event section would get one and that's too much people deserving for merits.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

I agree it should be switched around and the spamming probably would not reach to the forums very much because MOST of the spammers do not know how much the AP are worth. It is a constant question around here. Profile comment should be 0, in my opinion and forum posts worth 2.

Once our moderating tools are updated it will be easy to clean out all this spam.

LeBronJames123123
LeBronJames123123
360 posts
Peasant

I think forum posts should be swaped with comments because anybody can leave just millions of comments but most people dont leave forum posts so it would put people closer in points and make it a fair race.

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

Oh yes, as soon as our tools are updated, we should be more effectively equipped to take care of spamming on games. So hopefully it won't be as big of a problem in the future.

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

I just know that if we did this, most of the people who get their points from commenting will just try to get them here. The forums have a lot of good intelligent comments. I don't want to see if getting bogged down with people just wanting points.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

I think if in our moderator tools we had the ability to ban users from certain areas that would work out. For example if we get a spammer here in the forum that does not head 1 and only 1 warning, then I say at least a temporary ban on forum posts would work. I think if we back stricter on banning for spam this could straighten things out. We must also make it VERY apparent that there is a no-spam tolerance.

LeBronJames123123
LeBronJames123123
360 posts
Peasant

If the tools are good can you ban members or can still only Dan ban people because it would work better if moderators could ban people too it would straighten out spammers and nonspammers.

steevo15
steevo15
1,564 posts
Peasant

i don't think this is a good idea, because it is much easier to post in a forum than it is to make a GOOD comment on a game, plus if you make a good one on a game then you also get the bonus of a merit. As for making merits for forum posts instead of on game comments, then it would just make getting a merit WAY too easy, which defeats the point of a merit, i agree with nick, there are many intelligent forum posts on the world event section, and everyone who has made a intelligent comment in that section deserves a merit, and that is a LOT of people, plus there would be spammers FLOODING the forum topics just for points

Hermann0212
Hermann0212
150 posts
Nomad

i think thatfor forum posts to be that many points u should apply for community so we no whos joining

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

Applying would not be a good idea, for numerous reasons ranging from rights on the internet to even receiving valid information.

helguast
helguast
20 posts
Nomad

i hink they should base it on how many words or letters you insert for comments and forums are worth more too

jwalshjr
jwalshjr
537 posts
Peasant

Look, the way I see it, everyone is debating that 'this should be more' or 'this should be less' Armorpoints. What we really should be asking is, why does this matter? So what if you don't get the points you deserve, this site isn't all about the points. You shouldn't make comments and forum posts just to climb the ranks, you should do it to try to help out other people! So really, no matter how we change, there is still going to be spam, and there will still be problems.

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

A character count may be a good idea, like you have to have a certain amount of characters, but then people could just write 'dsbnfjldskabnjla' for the certain amount.

The thing is that whatever we do, people will spam. There are few web forums that don't have spam...(I know of one....!)

Wherever there is some kind of point or rating system, there will be spam...

People just need brains.

KingRyan

Showing 1-15 of 17