ForumsArt, Music, and WritingMy book

4 3329
choazmachine
choazmachine
1,044 posts
Nomad

Sorry, but if you really want to read it. . . it's 3 pages so far.
There's probably spelling errors--but it's a rough draft.

I Prologue

The defining roar in my ears as shattered glass danced around me like a freaky, shiny ballet. Red flames licked me with their burning tongues and the cracking of the burning wood seemed like sinister laughter. I can here the distant screams of the victims of the non-forgiving, flaming torment that slowly consumed them. I was in the ninth ring of hell, bodies burnt past recognition, the putrid smell of burning flesh, and crows blacking the sky waiting for their meal to stop burning. I canât move; I am being cooked alive. I saw a crow land beside me; its intelligent features giving it a gloomy figure. The shadows of the fire blanketed its body in an eerie blackness. Its head cocked to the side and its black eyes looked me up and down as if it was judging if I was ready to eat yet, or if it wanted the pleasure to watch me die. Another crow landed beside him, then another, then another. A swarm flew down and surrounded me. They fought, pecked, and scratched each other. Black feathers floated around; symbolizing my death. When the large black birds ended their fit, I noticed that there was only one again. It strutted up next to me. The last thing I felt was the pecking and clawing of the ferocious avian.

1 Chapter 1

A strange bright light, I was looking up at a ceiling where the light hung.
I had to strain my eyes to see where I was. I sat up right, and soon regretted it. I felt shocks of pain around my body, and hot needles where my burns were. I wiped sweat off my forehead as I resumed looking around. I felt like I had the work out of my life just trying to stay up.
I was in a hospital, I knew it. The blinding white room with the I.V stand attached to me by a series of tubes. I couldnât see much further, for there was a brilliant red colored curtain blocking the rest of my view. I looked at my arms only to see bandages. I threw off the blanket and looked at my legs; the same. I grabbed the blanket and smothered my self in it; it was cold.
I lie back down to comfort myself; I would be here for a while. But something was wrong, my body was tingling. I heard a noisy beeping to my right. I looked and saw my own heart rate steadily rising. I panicked and pulled the string for help. I wasnât going to die here, not now. I felt hot like I was in the fire again. The crow was pecking at my burnt flesh. My head was fogging, and I was losing control of my body. Before I closed my eyes I saw screaming doctors and nurses. I faintly heard the doctor leaning over me saying,
âHang in their, hang in there, you canâ¦â
I was gone.
I awoke for the second time. It was night and all the lights were out. I looked at my arms again, skin, perfect skin. Was this an illusion I canât shake off? I felt the bed to insure I wasnât dreaming. I felt my arms to know that they are actually healed.
Was it real?
How long was I asleep?
I didnât stay long to answer my questions. I got up arms shaking in disbelief, there is no way I couldâve healed this fast. I stumbled onward and got tangled in the curtains; Iâm so clumsy. After I escaped the maroon madness I looked around to see that all lights were off and no staff was to be found. The door was shut and no lights shined in. Not even a patient was in the room⦠Iâm alone. I looked around for some windows, none. My first instinct was to try the door. I wobbled over, my legs asleep. I reached for the knob, which, now I realize, was glowing red. As soon as I touched it⦠burn.
I howl like some dieing animal and scramble for the nearest sink. I turn on the cold water and soak my hand for a few minutes. After I take my hand out of the water I inspect it for any damages. Just a few blisters and thatâs it. I start looking around the room for something thick to put around my hand. Iâm determined to open that door. Ah ha, mittens. Thank the lord itâs winter. I shove the mittens over my hand. They feel strange; itâs as if the fabric is like water. I look at them for the first time. Theyâre dark blue, navy blue, and green. Almost like the ocean⦠I thought. After Iâm done being easily amused by a pair of mittens I find my way back to the door. I reach for the knob, and then stop. There is a whistling sound coming from behind the door.
Filled with curiosity I look out the darkly clouded glass. I see red, orange, and yellow lights. Uh oh, I dive for shelter. And in mid flight the door shattered into a million pieces as a glowing inferno let itself in.
As I land I cover my head and pray that the flames donât engulf me.
Just as quick as the fire came, it left!?
I stood up and walked over the shattered fragments that used to be the door. I walked into the door frame and looked into hell. The sky was lava, the ground was lava and there was virtually no land. What is this place? As Iâm looking around I notice two things. The first thing is that Iâm in the only building in this barren place. Two, the ground is shaking. As everything in the room is shaking, I noticed that I was shaking, too. As the rumbling continues, it also gets louder. The walls start rattling and parts of the floor start giving away to the immense shaking of the ground. A leg suddenly blocks my view of the hellish land. A leg! Iâm 15 stories high and Iâm only to this things calf! The leg is very grey and muscular. I look up to inspect the rest of its body. This beast smells of rotten flesh. It is made of rotten flesh. This thing is dead yet alive? The torso is huge and parts of it had given way. I could see this thingâs ribs, lungs, heart, stomach, and its horns. The horns are curved like a ramâs but black as night. Its empty eye sockets filled with flames of the damned and tormented, and to make the beast complete, a cracked, bloody skull for a head. I didnât have enough time to see anything else because it lumbered away and disappeared into this red abyss. I need to get out of here, I had to.
I dropped from the door way to the 14th floor, collapsing onto the floor as soon as I hit it. Sorry, but dropping ten feet isnât always easy for me. Picking myself up, from my somewhat fetal position, I start to walk again. Stopping short as my blood chills from this bloody, tortured like howl. Something, where the howl originated from, started growling and two red eyes appeared from the shadows.
A dog like face came out from the shadows, its sinister ruby eyes staring right at me. It slowly reveals its body by strafing circles around me. Its grotesque posture made it seem like the beast was filled with the ancient driving hate of those who do evil. I look around, scanning the soiled tiles of the decaying hospital. I see something shiny where I first saw the beast. Wait, the beast⦠where is the beast? I slowly turn around, and see it ready to lunge.
Its legs caked in blood are quivering as its body slowly goes down to make enough pressure to jump. It releases this pressure and opens its mouth, ready to clasp onto my neck. Its hind legs kick off the ground, but as for me; Iâm rolling to the left. The demon dogs head nearly misses me and hits the spot where my neck was seconds ago. I feel its warm saliva dripping on my back as my shoulder meets the ground. When I complete my roll I slam against the wall. As for he canine, I heard a howl as it crashes through the wall and splashes into the lava below. I sit down hard after hitting the concrete wall. But that wasnât good either, for I had sat on something very sharp. I throw myself into the air and I look at where I sat. I saw a skeleton in knightâs armor. Its bony hand wrapped around a sword. I lean over to pick it up. Itâs very cold and heavy. I pick up the sword, and with it, the skeletons arm. I throw the arm over my shoulder and inspect the weapon. It is made of silver and has a black handle with two serpents battling on each side. It starts to glow, and then something very strange happenedâ¦

• 4 Replies
choazmachine
choazmachine
1,044 posts
Nomad

Sorry about all the symbols and all that. Most are supposed to be |'|!

random_player_of_ag
random_player_of_ag
2,636 posts
Nomad

A dog like face came out from the shadows, its sinister ruby eyes staring right at me

:O Ruby eyes.

Awesome a good story must have this kind of thing.

A scary character.

Nice story.

choazmachine
choazmachine
1,044 posts
Nomad

I like it, It seems somewhat familiar though...

I kind of think that's funny, for this is completely original. I haven't worked on this for months, hmmmmm, I'll finish it someday.

Right now I'm starting a new project called:

Reaper among Demons

And It is going to be about vampires, were wolfs, these creatures I call reapers, and demons. More than that but that is just a taste of it.

:O Ruby eyes.

Oh yeah, not just the color but the actual deal!
Oh and those gloves, you will find out are quite "unique".
choazmachine
choazmachine
1,044 posts
Nomad

1 Chapter 1 cont-

...something very strange happened...

I felt heavier, a lot heavier. My arms are weighed down by something as I'm holding them in the air. I look to see if the sword was bigger, it wasn't there. I frantically looked around to find it. and notice it's in a sheath on my side! How did it get there? Then that's when I noticed why I was heavier, or felt that way. I was wearing armor that looked like the salty blue oceans and had green here and there. They matched the gloves I have, the gloves I'm wearing. My whole body seemed to glow and the armor almost looked like it was slithering in place. But there was something missing, and I couldn't figure out what. . .
A helmet, there was no helmet. I looked down to the mangled skeleton that laid motionless on the ground at my feet. It's armor was gone, I presume that's the armor I'm wearing now. But there was no helmet near or around it. I look around to see if there is indeed a helmet. But still to my woe there still was none. I went to the hole where the canine fell through. All I saw was lava and bits and pieces of floors below. I could notice the faint dark redness of two rubies on the 8th floor. The thing must've gotten banged around while falling. The ground started to shake again, that huge monster must be coming back. And to make sure he didn't find me I ran down some flight of stairs and into a long corridor. That is when it attacked. . .
A huge fist crashed through the ceiling destroying everything in front of me. I instantly turned around a dashed back down the stairs. Now on the 8th floor, with the ceiling fully intact, it was pitch black. My armor gave a faint glow which lightened things around me a little bit.I can hear the giant ripping apart the building to try and find me. Far away the room lit up. I saw the giant peek through and stick it's arm in. It's hand reaching dangerously close to me, pinning me to the wall.
"Don't Move", I hear besides me.
I almost jumped back but finally the words click into my head. I stay put. Five minutes pass and the giant goliath leaves. The room is now fairly lit up do to the carnage left behind by the giant. I wait until the ground stopped to shake. A silhouette of a man appeared in front of me. It started to get closer, and a foul stench hit me. . .

[To be continued]

Showing 1-4 of 4