ForumsSupport ForumNew Sticky

13 2670
plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

When I'm browsing the forums I see the same old thing, a few stickies at the top and then some topics. I come in the next day and find the same thing. One week later I find a new sticky that dated from a week ago an i never knew of its existence.

I'm suggesting that it should make it obvious that there is a new sticky.

• 13 Replies
Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

....um....it should not be all that hard to realize if there is a new sticky or not. It is not as is there are pages of just stickies.

Maybe it's just me.

plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

I estimate how many stickies there are every time I go there and it's always the same number whether there are actually 3 or actually 5. So I can't tell the difference between 3 and 4 or 4 and 5 and first glance.

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,204 posts
Farmer

I don't usually pay attention. So I can kind of understand where Plokkey is coming from. I can't really think of anything that would make stickies more obvious, although my mind floats back to the old 'Board Announcments' suggestion. You know, that thing where the latest news about contests, stickies, rules, ect. are posted somewhere at the top...but that's really all that I can think of =P

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

People usually click the last posted in link so they don't have to visit the category and waste their time.

Anyways, stickies usually remain up there forever and there isn't any more things to post about, so it's left alone.

Maybe a news update at the top saying "NEW STICKY! Please read: link"
Or something like that.

Anyways, stickies do always remain on the top if people browse the category pages. (Shouldn't it appear at the top of the pages besides page 1 too?)

plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

People usually click the last posted in link so they don't have to visit the category and waste their time.

I usually don't do that any more because the last posted in thread is not interesting and over discussed.

Anyways, stickies do always remain on the top if people browse the category pages. (Shouldn't it appear at the top of the pages besides page 1 too?)

If your replying to Raptor's post:

He meant that the announcements and stickies are at the top in a whole other section whichever part of the forum section you go.
RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,204 posts
Farmer

Yeah just below Community it'd say something like;
Tavern: New Sticky [Link]

I also meant it could have the latest stuff for 'officialized' contests like the ASC, or something since we don't get stickies all too often, but that's another topic, another time ^^

plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

Yea, I also usually miss when there's a new competition, I finally realize there is a new once when I find out I haven't touched GIMP in a week.

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

Going back to the tried and true default answer now:

These forums are handmade from scratch, so some things you see in other forums will not be here. Most forums are based off of a premade template, thus giving a cookie cutter appearance to them. Give the forums time to grow and become even better.

plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

I think having another one of those cool pictures (the push pin and the padlock) next to the forum name to make it more noticeable wouldn't be hard to put in, would it?

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,204 posts
Farmer

Give the forums time to grow and become even better.

Thats why we're suggesting and exploring stuffs ^^

@Plokkey's idea
Why would we need that exactly? I think it'd just make it seem more cluttered at times, or confusing. I think we should stick to the pictures being on the stickied thread only.
Pedspog
Pedspog
151 posts
Farmer

For this idea I think the newer stickies should be bold face and older stickies should be regular face.

As of now, all stickies are bold. That might well be what's throwing some of us off.

Ragingmelon
Ragingmelon
69 posts
Nomad

Give the forums time to grow and become even better.

Can't grow without suggestions/ideas >.>
russianfreak
russianfreak
1,843 posts
Farmer

I guess this is a good idea but is it really needed i mean you can see a sticky really easily so i don't think we need it.

Showing 1-13 of 13