ForumsSupport ForumMusic Game category

14 2580
jonnypants23
jonnypants23
1,353 posts
Farmer

When I first played games here at AG I had to look for sometime to find some music games .
Instead of a Misc Category including most of the music games . Why not make a Music category so that it would be 10 x easier to find them ?

(Im not saying to take out the Misc category just take out the music games , and transfer them into the Music category)

• 14 Replies
Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

Well, we try to make the categories a little broader. If we had specific genres (Tower Defense, Music Games, etc.) we would start to get an excessive amount of genres. It wouldn't really fit at the top menu on the page, and there most likely would not be enough games to make it a significant enough genre. I would recommend that you take advantage of the tag feature to search for music games.

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

Besides, if we make a music genre, what would the other games stored there be?

jonnypants23
jonnypants23
1,353 posts
Farmer

Besides, if we make a music genre, what would the other games stored there be?

All music related -_- .
there most likely would not be enough games to make it a significant enough genre

Yes , but they are increasing weekly.
Fritz_Rublehem
Fritz_Rublehem
1,076 posts
Nomad

They aren't enough music based games out there, just one or two by Tony and that's it. So it really wouldn't make sense to make a seperate genre just for music games.

tennisman24
tennisman24
4,682 posts
Farmer

yea there arent many of those games but if there could be more varieties of genres that would be good

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

The top bar is already filled up, anyways. What do you expect us to do? Make the print smaller and add another line? Anyways, more than half of the games in the misc. section are music games. Just keep it there.

BVHdrummer
BVHdrummer
379 posts
Nomad

I like music games so I'm all for it. But there is no room in the toolbar thing for it.

jonnypants23
jonnypants23
1,353 posts
Farmer

yea there arent many of those games but if there could be more varieties of genres that would be good

Thats my reply .

Make the print smaller and add another line?

I don't know , but im sure there could be a minor adjustment made -_0
Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

But so are all the other genres. I don't know if it is specifically gaining above any other type of game. If there was a huge increase in music games, then we might consider it. But that doesn't really seem to be happening.
Fritz_Rublehem
Fritz_Rublehem
1,076 posts
Nomad

I agree with Carlie, there just aren't enough music games. If about 20-30 new music games came out, then it might be considered to make a special category for music games.

Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

i generally only see about 3 music games in popular media section O.o

a big one would be the official thread to what song your listening to...

texcido
texcido
320 posts
Nomad

Hmm most music games are also skill games, so I think most of them should be in the puzzle % skill section in which they are..

Moddedmaps
Moddedmaps
8 posts
Nomad

I like music games but not enough to add another tab at the top

MarkedTarget6
MarkedTarget6
1,699 posts
Peasant

I may be wrong but I don't even think that there are even enough music games to fill three pages let alone 15 or more like the others...

Plus some people may not even want this...

Showing 1-14 of 14